01• Premiere

amazing cover art
by my
Instagram friend!

"There is a theory that within a certain circle, You can only find love once

"There is a theory that within a certain circle, You can only find love once. So when you break up with your partner, you should not look for love in the same circle. You should expand your circle."

|| Stupid is
Forever More ||

°°°

There was not even a single beam of light that slid under her lids and processed by her mind. It has already been two years and Joan was still vulnerable.

Things had been different, very different.

From facing the wall, to not interacting with people and locking herself in her room, Joan had changed, and her friends were worried about her.

Both Kathy and Diana would visit every afternoon, taking about how their day was.

Kathy would cry, seeing her friend in this situation, but she would excuse herself before she would let Joan hear her quite sobs.

But Joan knew.

She knew what was happening, and how people closest to her try to get her back on her tracks. She felt sorry for them, she really did. But she didn't want to be back on her own track, yet. Linus, the teenager from the café, always come to visit her in the morning, after he heard the news, it had been his morning ritual to visit Joan in her home bringing two loaves of bread and a box of cookies, which Joan had not, knew: he baked every night after his afternoon shift on the café.

He would arrive early in the morning and leave at eleven just an hour before his shift would start, and tell her what the world was now. He told her all the news, the gossips, and the political problems of the country, and on special rare occasions she would talk to him, tell him how interesting it was and how she appreciated him.

This meant the world to the teen, and one day he asked her if she had been still writing, this was a very brave question, because everyone knew how Joan stopped writing, except Linus.

The kid was too hopeful to believe the stories.

But Joan nodded and that was all Linus ever wanted to see. He wasn't stupid, but he hoped a lot, and he believed, and sometimes those two things were the only reasons to live and continue.

Joan kept her strong figure when Linus was around. She cared for the boy as if he was the brother she never had. And even if she knew lying was easy especially for a credulous figure, she still felt the delinquent suspect's guilt. But that's how life works you need to be a little dishonest at things to make things better.

It was a Monday, and Joan was set meet her doctor, she had an appointment with her at eight in the morning, but typically she didn't showed up.

Instead she sat there on a stool with her elbow propped on the kitchen countertop and her fingers playing with the smooth surface, liking how cold it was, just like me, she thought to herself and scoffed quietly.