Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope; also known as 'werewolf.' Half man. Half wolf. A supernatural creature with the ability to shapeshift into a gruesome wolf-life creature, only under the night of the full moon. Lycanthropes are cursed; with a bite inflicted deep within the bloodstream of a human. Only when the venom of the lycanthrope is extracted into the jugular vein, where the wolfish venom then transports through the superior vena cava and it injects itself into the heart, can the curse be sought out.

Once a man, then a monster. Under the full moon, the lycanthrope loses all control. He is a slave to the moon, living to do Her malicious biddings, for just one single night. When the night is over, all memories of action are eradicated from their brain.

Lycanthropes possess inhuman strength in both forms, however, their strength is tripled in the body of the wolf. Ability to see in the night is strengthened, along with the enhancement of the other five senses.

The difference between a lycanthrope and any normal wolf is easily detectable. Where the original wolf walks on all fours, the lycanthrope travels as a human would. Their shoulders are broad, like a human, but their skin is coated with stringy furs, like a wolf. Their eyes hold the image of the moon, shining an alluring silver. Their form is much larger than that of a human and their weight is of enough force to cause serious damage to their prey.

Although the Lycanthrope is strong, they have weaknesses in which will leave them momentarily stunned or immobile. Considering they only shift under the night of the full moon, their wolf form is startled by sudden flashes of light. As well as light, sudden loud noises can agitate the lycanthrope, whether they are in wolf form or human form. Strong smells can momentarily overwhelm them.

Only one substance can physically harm them; that is the usage of a specific type of silver. Forged within the caves of Witches and Faries alike, this silver is the essence of purity and sincerity. This silver is the sole link with that of the moon and counter effects the ill nature of the Lycanthrope. Thus, contact with this specific silver can harm them. When used in large dosages, it can become fatal when melted and injected. It cannot, however, harm them when the silver is in a solid state and does not aggravate the skin. Only when it is injected into their bloodstream does it cause duress.

Still with me?

That was just a quick, (boring,) debrief on werewolves in this story. I'd like to try and attack a new angle on this werewolf genre and see how that works out.

Just to let you know beforehand, this books is rated mature for these reasons;

1. Language

2. Violence (explicit)

3. Sexual content (*winks)

Friends, this is a werewolf story. It is a DARK rendition of the Little Red Riding Hood (if you didn't gather from the cover.) That being said, this isn't rainbows and sunshine. This is dark, deep, and emotional. With a little added touch of some steamy scenes here and there. What can I say? I can't help it.

Enjoy!