Flashback

Clove POV
I sat in class constantly thinking about what Ali did. It was on replay in my mind again and again about how someone could be so evil so cruel and mean. Then again we were all training for a game that gets kids to kill each other for the pleasure of the Capitol. I looked over at Ali fiddling with her blonde hair giggling and boasting about Cato had fought someone for her that's where he got his bruises from. Liar I thought to myself. I may of said liar out loud though because the class was looking at me.
"And how was I lying", Ali snapped.
"You know yourself Ali , you know what you've done but you know what I could reveal what you've done or I could sit back and be quiet, I'm not one to ruin people so all I'm gonna tell you is do it again and I'll use the cctv from the centre and release it to everyone",.
"Is that a threat chive",she sneered.
"It's clove , and yes it is",I snarled waving the tape in front of her.
"I have plenty more at home just incase you thought there wasn't anymore",.
She went very pale and quiet.
"Thought so",I snarled.
The class stared at me. At the end of school I guess it reached everyone that I had threatened Ali and she'd backed down.
I went home ready to celebrate a successful day. Mom wasn't coming home tonight as she was at her bar night.
I woke up to the smell of smoke. I soon realised my house was on fire. I dashed down stairs and realised it was on purpose. I grabbed valuables and pictures than ran out. I watched as my house burnt to ash. I saw Ali watching with her friends watching them it clicked. She wanted to get rid of all my tapes. I lost it and ran at her grabbing my knife. We began to fight but the others all ganged up on me. Soon they grabbed me and Ali had my knife.
"HOW COULD YOU, I HATE YOU , YOU BURNT MY HOUSE DOWN FOR YOUR BENEFIT, YOU MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL ,YOUR THE REASON  , AND YOU BEAT CATO UP TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER , YOU MIGHT BE PRETTY ON THE OUTSIDE BUT YOU ARE BEYOND UGLY INSIDE",I screamed.
Ali stopped. Her friends looked at her with shock.
"You beat Cato?",her friend Jessy said.
"No I um I",.
"Clove had the proof and for your benefit your burnt her house down telling us it was revenge for her killing your horse",.
"Well um..",.
"Physco your out of the group",.
Ali ran off crying and the others left me.
I turned back to watch my house. The fire was in full thrive.
I heard shouts and sirens coming towards my house. Then I heard it. My mother screaming. She wasn't supposed to be back yet. I dashed inside the burning house to rescue her. I reached and pushed her outside. A beam fell blocking me in and everyone else out.
"Crap crap crap",I yelled. I darted through the fire trying to find a way out. The only exit was through an upstairs window.
"Time to take the leap of faith",I told myself my lungs now clogging up with air.
I jumped but didn't prepare myself for the landing twisting my ankle. The firefighters rushed to my aid helping me up and away from the fire.
I saw my sister being taken away in ambulance with my mom. I completely forgot about Faye.
I watched tears streaming down my face.
Cato and his family collected me from the police station. I felt so small so vulnerable , later that night Mrs.Hadley got a call saying that my sister Faye had passed away.
"I'm so so sorry Clove",Cato said.
I lay on the floor crying uncontrollably. My sister died that day , my mom changed for the worst and I was all alone.
Sorry this is all very jumbled up guys.
It's been hard lately with all sorts of mishaps and problems so I'll update when I can xx
A-Eliza 💙