Flashback 1 year ago

Clove POV
Besides the hunger games high school is the same old popularity battle. I walked in keeping my head down.
"Hey C",a familiar voice said.
I looked up to see Cato.
"Hey",.
This caught Alison DiLaurentis or Ali's attention. As we were in the middle of the usual banter she sauntered over.
"Hey Cato",she smiled.
He smiled and she grabbed his arm.
I rolled my eyes the girl got issues.
"Let's leave Spice or Chive whatever her name is alone now , there's football and cheer tryouts you can't miss your spot and neither can I",.
She dragged him off and I was once alone , per usual. I walked to class hearing the whispers and laughing. Someone stuck their foot out to trip me up but by now I was used to this so I swiftly stepped over it.
I arrived in class and sat alone at the front.
People made fun of me. The usual day routine I went to sit alone in the Cafeteria but Ali came out of nowhere and knocked my food on the floor.
"Oops Chive I'm so sorry",she giggled.
I looked down and pushed past her sitting down on the nearest table and blocking everyone out by reading a book. I felt the presence of someone sit across from me and they began to eat their lunch. They were staring at me and I was about to tell them to shove off as I looked up it was Cato acting as though the popular table wasn't staring at him.
"What's the book?",.
"Why are you here?",.
"Can a person not sit with their friend",.
I smiled a bit.
"Hey Cato , football tryouts in 10 you comin",his friend Titan said.
He looked at me.
"Go on don't let me stop you",.
School was finally over and as I was leaving I saw the football tryouts were still on along with all the cheerleaders.
That meant I was walking home alone.
The sun was shining and I was minding my own business. I decided to go down to the training centre and throw some knives. No one was there which was my favourite times because I could zone out and not fault when I'm throwing. Ali came in after a few minutes with Cato they were laughing and giggling shoving each other about. They hadn't realised I was here yet.
"Aww luck chives bag",she said point to my old rucksack.
"Ali you know I love you but I don't love you making fun of clove",.
"Whatever", she picked up my bag and tipped its contents on the floor moms medicine fell out along with my belongings. She picked up the pills and emptied them in the floor.
"Looks like Chive is a druggie",she laughed.
"Cmon Al really why'd you do that",he sighed.
"The girl is a useless waste of space",she snapped.
Cato tensed up. "'That girl' happens to be one of my best friends and 'that girl' had done a hell lot more than you ever have",.
"Don't you dare speak to me like that",she raised her dust up and punched him.
"Cmon big guy fight back",she screamed hitting him but he didn't fight back. She continued to attack. So that's where all the unexplained bruises come from.
"Just what I thought your useless like chive. Don't ever speak to me like you better than what you really are I will ruin you Hadley, you have five seconds then apologise or my threat will come true 5..4..3", she said raising her hand again.
"I'm sorry I'm sorry",he whimpered.
Never in my life had I seen Cato vulnerable.
"Good now meet me at 7 with the others don't be late",she snarled and walked out.
He picked up my stuff and shoved in my bag angrily. The pills rolled about the floor and he swept them away.
I decided to make myself known.
"Oh hey clove",.
"What happened to the pills?",.
"Oh I spilt them by an accident sorry I'll replace them",.
"What happened your face",.
"I got in another fight with one of the boys",.
"Don't tell me bull Cato I saw what happened",.
"Yeah nice",.
"Why didn't you tell me?",.
"I don't know , it's not something I want to share, don't say anything clove please",.
"Fine your secrets safe with me",.
He nodded and left. A while later I stepped into the night letting the cold air surround me. It was about 10 at night. I walked past the school seeing the 'cool kids' on the pitch. All with their perfect act on. Ali was laughing about with Cato and they looked like a perfect couple but I now could see the ugliness behind them all...... (back to present time)