Chapter Six ~ Hogsmeade..... Not Really

I refused to leave my room during lunch. I locked the door and hid under my bed. Aria and Draco tried to convince me to come out, but I was too engulfed in my anxiety attack to drag myself out from my room.

"Avery?" Draco's voice called from behind the door. "I'm going to open the door now, okay? Don't make me drag you out to the Quidditch pitch for tryouts." I could hear the smirk he had plastered on his face.

After a few seconds and a soft Alohomora, Draco was sprawled on the floor in an attempt to see me hiding under my bed.

"Are you gonna come out?" I shook my head. "Do I have to drag you?" I thought for a moment, then reluctantly grabbed his hand so he could help pull me out.

"I don't want to go," I whispered just loud enough for him to hear, "I'm scared."

He sighed and pulled me into an awkward hug. "You'll be fine. I promise." We stood like that for a few moments before he pushed away. I felt a bit disappointed for some reason.

"Now, are you going to come to tryouts? Or do you just want to sit in the stands until next year?"

"I'll just watch from the stands... I'm sorry, Draco, but I'm not good enough at it yet and I don't want to get embarrassed by Flint." I looked up at his face, getting lost for a second in his gray eyes before regaining my composure. "But I promise I'll always be there to support yo-- I mean, the team!"

I quickly turned around and pretended to fidget with my things to hide that I was blushing madly.

"Do you er... want to come watch... with me?" he stuttered. I smiled to myself, turning around to face him a bit.

"Did you just stutter?"

"Shut up. Do you want to come or not?"

My smile became a grin. "Sure."

We ran into Harry, Ron, and Hermione on the way to the pitch. They still weren't happy that I was friends with Draco - considering how him and my brother are arch enemies - but they eventually accepted the fact that I had friends in my house.

But other than that, the day was great. I actually enjoyed hanging out with Draco. He sat in the stands with me to watch the new kids try to get on the team.

In the common room after dinner, I did homework while he tried to distract me from it. Eventually it was only the two of us.

"God, Draco!" I said, giggling, "Can I please do my homework? Don't make me wolf out on you!"

"Oh really? You wouldn't dare, Avery Potter!"

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"Saying that makes me twenty times more willing to snog you."

"Is that so?"

"Yes it is."

"Prove it."

I raised an eyebrow, leaning forward. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "That's the closest you'll get for now, Draco." Winking, I whacked him in the chest with my now finished work. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

I stood to leave. I had already begun walking away when he grabbed my arm and spun me around so I was facing him. He was barely a couple of inches away from my lips. I felt heat rise in my cheeks, butterflies flitting around in my stomach.

"What are-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence due to his lips crashing into mine.

Surprise slapped me in the face like those two prostitutes from Pirates Of The Caribbean. My eyelids fluttered closed, and my books fell to the floor as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He placed one hand on the small of my back and the other cupping my face softly.