2. Baby Powder Vengeance

On the other side of the city a couple hours later, a young latina sits by her window, gazing at the scenery below. As her eyes subconsciously scanned over the faces of all the people she may never have the pleasure (or displeasure) of meeting, she smiles slightly, pondering the situations that she could meet them in. The possibilities were endless; it could be at a coffee shop where a drink was spilled, a mistaken identity for a romantic scandal, her soulmate whom she met at the wrong time- anything really!

"These people are all so occupied, they should just take a moment to breathe," she thought to her self, before standing and fixing the front of her shirt.

As soon as she's done, a little boy, around the age of 11, runs into the room and hides behind her. "Elaina ayudamé! Carmen me esta matando!" (Elaina help me! Carmen is killing me!)

"Luíííís!~ Vengan por aqui! Solo quiero hablar contigo.~" (Luííís!~ Come here! I only want to talk to you.~) A teenage girl about the age of thirteen walked in trying (and failing) to hide a pillow behind her back. Her brown curls were frazzled and had white powder in random areas. Elaina rolled her eyes and looked between the two of them briefly before shaking her head with a small smile. "What is it this time?"

Carmen crossed her arms and gave a sickly sweet smile. " Oh nothing! Just that our lovely little Luís put baby powder in my hair dryer when i was taking a shower. You know, the usual." Sarcasm dripped - more like oozed - from her voice.

Elaina couldn't stop the smile that formed on her lips. "Ah mi hermanita, how about you bring the baby powder and the blow dryer for me alright? I'll see what i can do." She winked at Carmen and the little girl left with a grin and a spring in her step.

She turned towards Luís with a stern look,"You guys really shouldn't fight. Also, Luís, apologize to our sister. You should know how long it'll take her to get baby powder out of her hair. Remember the birthday incident?"

He fake shudders and smiles slightly, "She spent hours in the bathroom." He thinks for a bit before looking up and smiling a bit wider. "Yeah, I'll apologize, it was pretty rude."

Carmen returned with her blow dryer and the bottle of baby powder. Elaina smiled and took the baby powder, pouring it into the blow dryer. "Now Luís, don't you have something you want to say to Carmen?"

He stared at the blow dryer warily and gulped. " Lo siento Carmen, no voy a hacer eso otra ves." (Sorry Carmen, i won't do it again)

"Hm. Mmkay Luísito. Cuz if you do," she proceeded in a somewhat deeper voice and puffed out her chest, holding her chancla in her hand, " Te voy a dar un pao pao bueno!" (I'll give you a good smack)

They all started laughing. "Ay, Carmen your mamá impression is on point." Luís said, while holding onto his stomach.

As the laughter died down, Elaina smirked. "Now Luísito, earlier, you blasted our dear sister Carmen whom we love so much, with baby powder," she adjusted the setting on the dryer and traced the mouth of the blowdryer with her finger. "So by the laws of science, an equal or more powerful reaction is necessary to counterbalance, then, dont ya think?"

Luís swallows hard and plays with his shirt collar, laughing nervously " ¿ahaha, Elaina, mi hermana mejor, te amo mucho, verda? Tu no vas hacer nada que es malo a tu hermanito wey?" ("Ahaha, Elaina, my big sister, i love you loads, right? You wouldnt do anything thats bad to your little brother right?")

"Hm, no se. ¿Quieres comprobar?." ("Hm, i dunno. Wanna check?")

She aimed the blow dryer at him and fired.

Down below in the streets, everyone stopped to stare at the window where a scream was heard and a white powder flowed out the window.

So.... was it enjoyable? I have school tomorrow and i finally got to finish this chapter. Although I did ignore my homework....

Anyways,

Any suggestions on how you think Elaina will meet Blaire?

Leave them in the comment section and I'll see you all in the next chapter when i update.

-Ink
27/08/2017