✺ Chapter II

We stood in Mayor Ysabella's room. An antique dresser stood against the right wall. In the corner, an old-fashioned coat rack stood with an orange blazer hanging from it. Ornate picture frames hang on the left wall. Just below  the frames stood an old wooden desk with a warped top. 

"Good Morning, ladies. May i ask why are you here this fine morning?" Mayor Ysabella said. She wears her signature outfit. Her hair  blonde with dashes of red and orange. Her dress was knee length and like a meringue.

"We're here to volunteer for the Animo Quest, ma'am." Victoria replied.

"But becoming an Aspirant means betraying your pledge and your membership to our  Ministry, Ms. Maybeen." She said while fixing her desk. "Our Sector pledged that we will not be involved in any war, fighting and arguments as stated in the Pledge of the Peaceful. We are truly peaceful and we do not want any misunderstandings among others."

"Betraying our  Ministry  is far better than seeing you become poor and slaves of the others." I said with conviction.

"Are you sure, darlings?" She asked us. She looked at me and smiled.

"Yes. yes we are." We said. 

"You two are both true members of our  Ministry . You will be trained tomorrow with Tyson Valour. May the Elements help you in your undertaking." She said now smiling. I can say she was pleased with us.

"Good Morning, ma'am Ysabella. And as for you dear ladies." The boy said. The boy had shiny hair that had been grown down to his shoulders, the darkness of it really brought out the colour of his sparkiling blue eyes. The tight top he was wearing clung onto his skin so you could see the contours of his athletic body. 

"Why are you here, Trey? Are you going to volunteer too?" Mayor Ysabella asked the boy he named Trey.

"Oh. Iris, Victoria. This is Trey, my nephew. Trey, they are Iris and Victoria." She continued.

"Hi! Yes. I will join. I want to prove to my father that I can do what he thinks I cannot." He said.

"Okay. Let's wait for one more and the training shall start. For the mean time, have some conversation and talk about your strategies and the like. I'll talk to your adviser. There's some drinks in the fridge. Help yourselves." She said.

"He's tough. I like him." I smirked.

"Sshh. I like him too." She giggled.

Victoria, Trey and I sat down on the orange couch. It was cold. I stood and made a cup of tea for myself. I don't want to disturb their conversation, they seem to enjoy each other's company.

"So, I'm Victoria Maybeen and she is Iris Dimlight." Victoria introduced oursleves.

"Hi!" I waved nearly dropping the cup.

"I'm Trey Formos. I am Mayor Ysabella's nephew. My parents died at the rebellion and Mayor Ysabella took care of me. " He replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." Victoria said grabbing Trey's arm. Its not she's flirting, we from  Ministry of the Amicable, always do that a s a sign of sympathy.

"Thanks. By the way, Iris you have beautiful eyes!" He said looking at me.

I smiled. I did not know if he's just trying to impress us or saying the truth.  Among all  Ministry  members, I've met, I have an odd color of the iris. I think that I am the only one who has blue eyes. I don't know if this means anything.

"So what weapons will you use during the quest?" Trey asked.

"An arbalest. Its freaking effective." Victoria said as if throwing some shurikens to me. "What about you, Iris?" She continued.