Chapter 1: Drip, drip, drip

Drip

Drip

Drip

Drip

You listened to the sound of the rain as you walked under your umbrella, walking to your home.

You were thinking what you’re going to do this weekend when you suddenly heard whimpering. You slowly turned to the bushes, suddenly frightened.

“Who could be out late in this hour? It’s raining heavily too….”  You thought, looking at your wrist watch.

“W-Who’s there?” You stammered out. What if it was a criminal? Or it’s a stalker? Your shaking legs slowly dragged you to the bushes. Your shaking hands shoved the bushes away, your eyes widened…..

KIDS WITH WOLF EARS AND A TAIL?! IN A BOX?!

You rubbed your eyes; your eyes aren’t deceiving now…. There are five kids around 5-6 years old. All of them are sleeping while whimpering and shivering.

Your hand went up to your mouth, muffling a scream. Why are they here? In the cold? You thought. Then you silently reached for the red one’s forehead, quickly redrawing your hand. “You have a fever…” You whispered.

You looked around, both sides are deserted. “I’m taking you guys home!” You whispered in determination.

You reached out to grab the box, gently lifting it up, trying to not shake the box so they won’t wake up, your other arm wrapping around the stem of the umbrella so you could hold the box both hands. You fast walked to your home.

‘Drip, drip, drip, drip’ your shoes echoed as you fast walked.