424 Motors

Justin is a mechanic and Zayn is the boy who's car "breaks down" all too often. ]

My dad was watching a car repair show and I was struck with inspiration. I need to stop.

Since I was just going to put this in it's own book here's a cover:

For lamedelaney who was waiting for this to be released. Enjoy! 

Words: 3518

*-*-* 

Zayn owned a 1983 Toyota Celica.

His parents bought him the used car at age 15 (2008) when he passed his 10th grade school year with all A's.

He never knew much about cars, it was just something he never found interesting. But when he got his Celica, he attempted to learn as much as he could. His parents didn't discourage it, they wanted him to be as smart as could be. He had fixed the outside of the car up nicely and it ran smoothly for years.

He successfully graduated high school with that car and he even got part way through college with it (he dropped out so he never had the chance to finish). He started his art career and even dabbled a bit in writing, whether it be music or stories.

When 2016 was coming to an end, he realized he was having a problem with his trusty car. Not a big problem, Toyota's tended to hold up great.

He was leaking oil.

Yeah, yeah, he knows. 'Why don't you just buy a new car?' It should have been the obvious decision for him and he was really thinking about it.

And then he went to the auto-shop, 424 Motors.

- - - - - - -

Z A Y N

"My car is leaking oil. I, um, I have no idea what to do. Can you please check it out?" I shuffled through my wallet and pulled out my credit card. "Price isn't a problem."

"I'd be happy to check it out. Anything else?"

I glanced up and my wallet fell from my hands.

There was a man, couldn't be older than I, and he was smiling at me with amusement in his eyes. He had a stained white wife beater on and a plaid red and brown shirt tied around his waist.

I let my eyes linger on his lips and then his eyes. 

"I-I, oh, um, n-no thank you." 

He leaned against the counter and crossed his arms, muscles bulging and sending a spike of arousal down south. He tilted his head and flashed me a pearly white smile.