Chapter 13

Nicki's POV

Pain welled in my hips as I spread my legs and laid on the bed. The paramedics rushed up the stairs, one placing her hands on my knees. "Hello, my name is Cynthia Johnson, I am the head here and trained to deliver babies." She put one hand under my opening and used the other hand to slowly pressure my legs into opening.
"AHHHH!" My right hand gripped the sheets, "DRAKE!"
"Okay mom, pretty soon here I'm going to need you to push, okay? Just give me a moment to adjust." She placed her hand just under my butt and raised her wrist slightly.
"Okay dad we're just waiting on you!"
Drake ran up the stairs once he heard the both of us yelling for him.
My cries grew as I shook and moved my head in an attempt to get comfortable; it didn't work.
"Alright, here we go mama. You've done this before you've got this. You ready?" She asked
I squeezed my eyes shut and nodded my head.
"Alright here we go, on the count to three."
Drake closed his eyes.
"1"
"OOOOOUUUUUUUUUU" I yelled as the baby began to crown.
"2"
I squeezed Drake's hand.
"3"
I began to push, I could feel the baby's head rip through my hole, I cried the loudest I was capable of, my legs shook, my body tensed up, Drake leaned over me & allowed me to wrap my arms all the way around him.
"Baby I can't do it anymore" I cried out loud.
I stopped pushing, the baby's head wasn't all the way out.
"You can't stop mom, the baby needs your help. Here we go again alright? On the count to three."
I screamed loudly as I continued to contract.
"1"
"Close your eyes baby, focus." Drake told me.
"2"
I inhaled and exhaled as I closed my eyes and squeezed Drake.
"3"
My legs shot in the air, and I squealed as every second went by. I pushed as hard as possible and finally the baby made its way through, "AAAAAHHHHHH" I cried out. Drake kissed my cheek as the tears ran down to his lips. He stood back up and walked to the end of the bed.
"Oh wow" he said in disbelief with a smile.
I gave out a loud sigh.
"Would you like to do the honors?" Cynthia asked Drake while handing him a pair of scissors.
The baby cried loudly.
Drake wiped the sweat off his forehead & cut the chord.
They gave me the baby and immediately rushed me to the hospital.

Welcome to the world Audrey Tanya Graham.