VII. Kiss Him

"Hey, Ciel," I drawled his attention at the dinner table, "what was that gush of lightening when I first got here?"

He looked amused at this and answered, "it took you awhile to notice that."

I averted my gaze and played with the table cloth. A lot had been on my mind.

"The car that you arrived in, had a leak. It exploded. You were set-up."

My head whipped in his direction as I grew wide eyed. I should be used to these constant life threatening events but my carelessness always seeps through. I sigh and murmur a quiet 'thank you.'

"Meet me in my office after dinner," Ciel demands as we continue our dinner. It will be a long night.

~

Sitting across from him, I look down at my hands quietly and wait for him to speak. He is taking his time and staring at me. He is digging into my soul. He is reading my mind. He is untangling me. I feel exposed under his gaze.

"Your soul is ravishing," he whispers.

I slowly gaze up at him and see his eyes are back to their crimson state. He is staring at me like I am a snack. Food he enjoys consuming.

"It belongs to James," I hold my ground and bore my glare back. I am no coward.

"Yes," he pauses, "the queen has sent you a telegram."

He gets up and shuffles through a stack of papers. After finding my telegram, he sits back in his seat and hands me it. I open it in front of him for the sake of doing something in such an awkward situation.

"Kiss him."

That is all the message held. No rules. No other instructions. Just those two words that made my head ache and heart go in a frenzy. He sensed it. And I knew demons could read minds. So he read it. I looked up at him with hot cheeks and he looked back completely emotionlessly.

"She won't know if we do not do it. Could you lie for me?" I plead embarrassingly.

He smirks.

"I guess you are not as much of a faithful dog that you were made out to be," Phantomhive taunted me. He got up and headed to the door, "I will for you, m'lady. Rest up for tonight."

He was patronizing me and suggesting I was incapable of fulfilling tasks. Surely I could fulfill such a simple request. It is not like I had to marry him or bare his children. Just a kiss. Something easily forgettable and forgivable.

I got up and walked up to him. We were only a hair away from touching.

"Oh please, do not listen to h-"

I pressed my lips on his. Gently, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me. It was so soft, warm, and electrifying. It was beautiful symphony. Symphony that had to end.

I was now pulling away but he grabbed me by my waist and roughly shoved me in to his body. He deepened the kiss and slammed me to a wall where he pinned me and held me passionately. It was filled with shocks, stars, clouds, gentleness, hardness, and desire.

Swiveling his long fingers in my hair, he caressed my face with the other hand. It was fiery and passionate.

He pulls away completely as if I shocked him. He looks disgusted for a second but then smirks. That empty smirk.

"You almost gave me your soul."