Death of Me, Chapter Two

(Rayne)

After two hours of battling, me and this kid had two Pokemon left. I had Rai and he had his Blaziken out. Blaziken was in his mega evolution. I almost wanted to sigh. This kid has been to Kalos. So have I, and that's where I got my own mega evolutions, but I hadn't used one. Maybe he was desperate. Whatever.

"Rai! Use Rain Dance and follow through with Thunder!" The rain started to fall and Rais thunder could be seen charging in the clouds.

"Close Combat, Blaze!"

Shit. If that landed I'm toast.

Just as I said it, thunder hit Blaze right as Close Combat hit Rai. It was just a matter of who would fall first. Me and the boy watched with careful eyes, before his Blaze fell, and was returned, while Rai laid next to me.

"My names Rayne. Rayne Sinclair." I said, looking him right in the eye. He looked surprised. "You proved yourself a worthy opponent. Maybe we'll cross paths soon."

"Riley. Riley Di'Angelo." He said. "Where ya headed?"

"Wherever the Pokemon lab is."

"I can take you! I just came from there."

I thought for a moment. He knows where he's going. Might as well follow him.

(Twenty minutes later, Riley)

She was weird. Definitely weird. But it was a cool weird. Sorta. Her pokemon were tough. The hardest to beat was probably her Tyranitar. I knew she had a Darkrai, and it was strong, too, but, let's face it, Tyranitars a tank.

I took her to see Professor Juniper. I don't know if she'd give Rayne a Pokemon, but she probably needs a pokedex update. I was definitely getting a Pokemon, considering I had talk to Juniper earlier. It was pretty peaceful, considering that Team Plasma had been taken care of before me or Rayne got here.

I continued leading Rayne, until the Pokemon lab was in view. We walked in and I greeted the professor.

"Hey, Professor Juniper."

"Riley! What are you doing back? Already eager to get your new Pokemon?" She smiled, her voice cheery. Then she spotted Rayne. "Riley. Is that who I think it is?"

I nodded, "Professor, meet Rayne Sinclair. Companion of Giritina."

Rayne seemed uncomfortable with the attention she was now receiving.

(Rayne)

I shuffled awkwardly from foot to foot, Rai was in his pokeball. I always felt more comfortable with him by my side, but I kept him in his ball.

"Well, hello Rayne. I'm professor Juniper."

I waved and gave a little smile, before looking over at Riley, who seemed to come out of a thought.

"Oh! Rayne needs a pokedex update." He said, and smiled "and yes, I am here for my Pokemon. "

Juniper smiled, and Riley went over to a table with three  pokeballs. She took my Dex and hooked it up to the machine behind her.

"Would you like a Pokemon too?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"I only take Pokemon if they want to come. I'll wait outside for Riley and my pokedex. I want to grab a few things."

She smiled and nodded,but there was a bit of a ghost in her eyes, like something from the past.

I shook the thought from my mind as I walked out and into the open. I continued walking down the path me and Riley had come from. I wasn't walking for very long before I was tackled by a small fox. I didn't know what it was, but I picked it up and held it. He looked injured.

"Hey little guy... I'll get you fixed up.."I said to him. He made a small groan/bark thing in response.

I walked down to a tree and sat back. Reaching into my pack I took out a potion and a couple of berries for him to eat. I sprayed him with the potion, and held out an oran berry for him. He ate it out of my hand slowly regaining his health. I smiled again, and pet him while he ate.

"Thank you, nice lady."his little voice rang out.

"Your quite welcome. Do you have a name, little guy?" I looked at him.

"You can understand me?!" He seemed a little shocked,and I nodded. "Well, I dont have name. Im a Zorua though."

"I can give you a name, if you'd like." I stood up, putting the little guy on my head. He held tight and yipped in excitement.

"That would be awesome! Hey. What's your name?"

"I'm Rayne." I smiled, before thinking. "What about... Nero?"

"I like it." He said, nodding approvingly. "Hey Rayne.. are we.gonna travel together?

I chuckled "only if you really really want to."

He nodded viciously. He reminded me so much of Rai. He almost fell off my head. I steadied him, before walking off to the Pokemon center.

(Ten minutes later)

I walked into the lab, only to be bombarded by questions from Riley. I dismissed them quickly. Juniper greeted me, handing me my Dex.

"I see you made a friend." She said.

"Yeah this is Nero." I said. He had fallen asleep on the way here, and was currently riding on top of my Absol, Fortune.

Riley looked amazed at the little fox, "That's a Zorua."

"Thanks Captain Obvious." I sneered.

He chuckled and smiled "ready to go? We have gym battles to get to."

I nodded, and took Nero off Fortune, before returning him. I held the sleeping Pokemon in my arms, chuckling a little, before following Riley outside.

I don't own Pokemon or Riley. I only own Rayne.