Chapter 11: Hushed Discussion

6rocky9 DreamsOfADemon I'm dedicating this to you two *smooch*

~~~~~~

Hamilton managed to pinpoint on the map what path wouldn't get them killed or worse. The others followed behind him. They were in a straight line, matching through the snow. Hamilton in front, Louis behind him, Cato behind Louis, and Henry bringing up the rear.

"This is your fault you know." Henry whispered, glaring at the back of Hamilton's head. Hamilton swore he could feel Henry's eyes burning into the back of his head, burning his hair.

When Hamilton didn't answer, Cato asked, "What exactly are we doing? You, uh, never explained." Hamilton didn't answer once more, focusing on the path. The other's began talking among themselves, their voices quiet in order to keep their group hidden. Hamilton looked at the map and huffed.

Henry explained, his voice loud enough for Hamilton to hear, "Washington ran away from camp. He was ordered to go home. Hamilton is in love with George but can't get a fucking clue that George loves him back. Then, he thought Washington was in love with me!"

Louis snorted.

"Right? So he tells Washington that the love he feels is disgusting. Now we're out here, lost in the freezing cold snow and looking for him! And who do we have to blame huh?! The major asshole General himself!"

Hamilton turned around and quietly scolded, "Shut your mouth before you give away our position you IDIOT."

Henry shouted, "You're no better than a fucking redcoat you dickless bastard!"

Hamilton threw the map down and shouted, "Do you think I don't realize the situation?! I made a terrible fucking decision! I realize that! I feel like shit! George could be dead at a redcoat's feet and it'll be my fault! H-His death on my shoulders, Henry! D-Do you think I-I wanted this?! ...I-I didn't want this! ... I just..."

Hamilton blinked and felt the tears till down his cheeks. It wasn't often that he got all worked up like this, crying in front of somebody. He wiped his eyes and faced the trail. The map was still sitting on the ground where he left it. Hamilton picked it up and snapped, "Now shut up. We don't wanna get caught."

Cato smiled and suggested, "Maybe getting caught is exactly what we want."

"What? You're an idiot we'll get thrown in cells." Hamilton snapped.

"No I mean we can find some redcoats, take their uniforms, and sneak in."

"Okay that was really vague can you fix that next time please?"

"I'm sorry, geez."

"You should be."

~~~~~~

George whimpered when he heard footsteps approaching the cell door. The same two redcoats from before stayed just outside the door, but never came in. Apparently they were just guarding the door. George let out a sign of relief and relaxed his shoulders.

He had been stuck down here for about three days or so, and George was starting to go crazy. Every time he slept he had terrible nightmares, and his stomach begged for some type of food. They hadn't interrogated him yet, which was annoying, and George could feel his sanity slipping away. The walls felt closer everytime he woke up, and freedom seemed pointless.

"So," The first redcoat whispered, "How long until General Blue gets back?" The other redcoat took a bite of something, loud and crunchy.