Chapter 12: See you again

We stood in the Nova Corp headquarters after we gave them the Orb. They found something interesting about me and Peter. "How and why would you even to know this?" I asked. When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out."

We're not Terran?" Peter asked. "You both are half Terran. Your mother was of Earth. Your father, well, he's something very ancient we've never seen before." Nova Prime said. "That could be why you two were able to hold the Stone for as long as you did." Gamora suggested. "But that doesn't  really explain about that power I had." I said. "What power?" Nova Prime asked. "Well, while me and Peter held the stone, red lightning was shot out of my eyes once I let go of the Stone." I said. "Well, that is mysterious, we will look into it." Nova Prime said.

"Your friends have arrived. On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound  gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you." "Thank you, Nova Prime."

We started following Dey when Gamora spoke to Drax. "Your wife and child shall rest well knowing that you have avenged them. "Yes, Of course, Ronan was only a puppet. It's really Thanos I need to kill." "Well at least he has his life figured out." said Iris.

"We tried to keep them as close to the original as possible. We salvaged much as we could." We step outside to see the Milano 2 and the Omega version 2. "I...Thank you." Peter said as I ran around the new ships. 

"I have a family. They're alive because of you. Your criminal records have also been expunged. However, I have to warn you against breaking any laws in the future."

"Question. What if I see something that I want to take, and it belongs to someone else?" Rocket asked. "You will be arrested." " But what if I want it more than the person who has it?" "It's still illegal." "That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand?"

Iris couldn't help but giggle. "What are you laughing at? Why? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?" Rocket asked as he walks to the Milano with Gamora.

"What if someone does something that is irksome and I decide to remove his spine?" Drax said. "That's... That's actually murder. It's one of the worst crimes of all. So... also illegal." Drax just looks at him before walking to the Milano.

"Okay, say I want to take someone somewhere but they don't want to go against their will?" Iris asked. "That may fall under... kidnapping which is also one of the worst crimes of all so it's illegal."

"They'll be fine, Dey. I'm gonna keep on 'em." Peter said. "You?" "Yeah. Me." I start to follow Peter to the Milano when Iris stopped me. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Wait for me on the Omega." I told her and followed Peter. We sat down side by side to open Peter's present from mom.

Peter opened the letter.

Peter, I know that I haven't said much but you have a baby brother waiting for you, and I know that these last few months have been hard for you and me. But your brother will be born and I will go to a better place. And I will be okay. And I will always be with both of you. You both are the light of my life. My precious children, My little Star-Lord. And Star-Bolt. Love, Mom.

He put the letter down and opened the box to reveal  a mix tape. Peter puts it in as I left the Milano and walk towards the Omega.

Once I was inside the Omega. I heard Peter's music through the Milano. I sat there in the driver seat smiling. Iris sat next to me in the passenger seat. "So, what should we do next? Something good? Something bad? A bit of both?" Peter asked through the communication.

"We'll follow your lead, Star-Lord." Gamora said making Peter smile. They turn to me and Iris in the Omega. "We will see you guys again in one year." I said. "A bit of both." Peter said finally. And we took off in opposite directions.

This Story will continue in a sequel. Stay Tuned.