Chapter 7:Knowhere

The Milano lands on Knowhere and Gamora told us about the place as we walk through the street. "It's called Knowhere. The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be wary when heading in, rodent. There are no regulations whatsoever here. Hundred years ago, the Tivan Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. Bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work, suitable only for outlaws."

"Well, me and Eden come from a planet of outlaws, Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos." "Jack the Ripper." I continued. "It sounds like a place, which I should visit." Drax said. "Yeah, you should." I told him.

A bunch of kids came running toward us. "Excuse me." "Watch your wallets." "Can you spare any units?" "Get out of here." I saw Groot and the girl make small flowers in their hands and gave them to the little girl. Maybe these people aren't so bad after all.

"Your buyer's in there?" I ask as we arrived at a bar club. "We are to wait here for his representative." "What do you expect us to do while we wait?" Rocket, Groot and Drax spend their time spending whatever amount of units they had left. While Peter went to talk with Gamora.

I stood outside looking out into space and thinking back to my and Peter's childhood. I must've got lost in thought, when I heard fightning inside. I ran inside and helped Peter and Gamora and the girl to keep Rocket, Ryan, and Drax from killing each other.

"No. Stop it!" Gamora said holding Drax back. "What are you doing?" Peter asked as he got between them. I grabbed Ryan by the arm and tried to hold him back. "This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about!" Drax said making Rocket say. "That is true!" "He has no respect!" "That is also true!" Rocket said holding up his gun. "And this child said that he got into an affair with this vermin." said Drax. Ryan reached for his Plasma Saber. he pulls it out and turns it out, revealing a blue laser-like blade.

"Do you want repeat that, you muscled, tattoed idiot" said Ryan. He was about to swing at Drax but I caught his hand. "Hold on! Hold on!" I heard Peter say. "Keep calling me vermin, you two! you just wanna laugh at me like everyone else!" "Rocket, you're drunk. All right? No one's laughing at you." I told him.

"He thinks I'm some stupid creature!" Rocket said pointing at Ryan. the girl turned to Ryan then back to Rocket. "He does! Well, I didn't asked to be made! I didn't ask to be torn apart, and put back together, over and over and turned into some... Some little monster!"

"Rocket, nobody is calling you a monster." I told him. "He called me vermin! He called me rodent! Let's see if you can laugh after five or six good shots to your frickin' face!" "Bring it on" Ryan yelled.

"No, no, no, no! Four billion units! Rocket! Come on, man Hey! Suck it up for one more lousy night and you're rich" Peter reminded him while Rocket kept aiming at us.

"Will all of you just shut up!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Lightning crackled around me. Everybody stopped and looked at me. "Is this what you want! To be at each other's throats for the rest of the night! Come on, I may not know you guys well but I can't stand people trying to kill the other!" I yelled. Drax, Rocket, and Ryan looked at me. "So please, just take it easy for one night." I said calming down. I turn to Rocket. "Look, I'm sorry that my friend called you stupid and a rodent ok? Just suck it up for tonight and the next day you won't have to deal with us ever again." I said and he lowered his gun. "Fine. But I can't promise, when all of this is over I'm not gonna kill every last one of you jerks."

"See? That's exactly why none of you have any friends! Five seconds after you meet somebody, you're already trying to kill them!" Peter said as everybody calmed down. "We have travelled halfway across the quadrant. And Ronan is no closer to being dead." Drax said before pusing Gamora away and walking out.

"Drax!" the girl yelled after him. "Let him go. We don't need him." Gamora told us then a lady walked in. "Milady Gamora. I'm here to fetch you for my master." We followed her into a room filled with things and creatures in cases. "Okay, this isn't creepy at all." Rocket said.

"We house the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner. I present to you all, my master Taneleer Tivan, the Collector." A guy turned around and walked over to Gamora. "Oh, my dear Gamora. How wonderful to meet you in the flesh." He said then he kissed her hand.

"Let's bypass the formalities, Tivan. We have acquired what we discussed." The collector notices the us and Groot. "Why are teenagers here, and what is that thing here?" "I am Groot." "The children are with us." Gamora told Tivan. "But still, I never thought I'd meet a Groot. Sir... You must allow me to pay you now so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course." "I am Groot."

"Why, so he could turn you into a frickin' chair?" Rocket asked. "That's your pet?" "His what?" Rocket asked reaching for his gun. I grabbed his arm and shook my head. Rocket releases his hand and so did I. "Tivan. We have been halfway around the galaxy, retrieving this Orb." " I don't trust this guy, keep your guard up." said the voice.

"Very well, then. Let us see what you brought." Peter pulls out the orb then he dropped it but he quickly picks it up and hands it over.

The collector started opening it up while images appeared around us. "Oh, my new friends. Before creation itself, there were six singularities. Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots. The Infinity Stones. These stones, it seems, can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strength. Oberserve. These carriers can use the Stones to mow down the entire civilizations like wheat in a field."

"There's a little bit of pee coming out of me right now." Peter said under his breath... "Once, for a moment, a group was able to share the energy amongst themselves, but even they were quickly destroyed by it."

We watch in horror of what was happening. Then Tivan opened the orb and it revelaed the Infinity Stone. "Beauty Beyond compare." Tivan said. "No wonder Iota couldn't recoginse it, because it was an Infinity Stone." I said under my breath.

"We're all very fascinated, whitey. But we'd like to get paid." Rocket reminded him. "How would you like to get paid?" "What do you think, fancy man? Units!" "Very well, then." He walks away and the lady from before stood in front of the stone.

"Carina. Stand back." "I will no longer be your slave!" "No!" Then she grabbed the Stone, turning the entire room purple, destroying everything in the room. Peter held me close as we hid behind behind a destroyed table, trying to avoid the stone's power and the room exploded.

Once the explosion died down. Peter, Gamora, and I looked out from behind the table to see that the entire room was destroyed. Gamora ran towards the Orb and Peter and I followed her. She closed it and all three of us walked out to find our friends outside, alive and well.

"Why do you still have it for?" Rocket asked as we came up to them. "What are we gonna do, leave it in there?" "I can't believe you had that in your purse!" "It's not a purse, it's a knapsack!"

"We have  to bring this to the Nova Corps. There's a chance they can contain it." Gamora said. "Are you kidding me? We're wanted by the Nova Corps. Just give it to Ronan!" Rocket said. "So he can destroy the galaxy?" Peter said

"What are you ,  some saint all of a sudden? What has the galaxy ever done for you two? Why would you  wanna save it?" "Because I'm one of the idiots who live in it!"

"Peter, listen to me. We cannot allow the Stone to fall into Ronan's hands. We have to go back to your ship, and deliver it to Nova." Gamora told him. "Right, right, okay. I think you're right. Or we could give it to somebody who's not gonna arrest us, who's really nice for  a whole lot of money. I think it's a really good balance between both of your points of view."

"You're despicable. Dishonorable. Faithless!" "At last!" We heard Drax shout we looked over to see Ronan's ship. "I shall meet my foe and destroy him." "YOU called Ronan!" I yelled. "Quills!" Me and Peter turn to our left to see Yondu off in the distance. "Don't you move, boys!" Oh boy