Blackness. (A very important note + blurb)

So guys I'm thinking about writing this story about a young, adopted, mixed girl growing up in the south with white family and white friends. Suddenly she meets a young black man who teachers her to love her blackness. What do you think? Here's a little blurb of them meeting.

As I sat outside my school's main office, and young boy with dark brown skin and curly sat next to me.

I immediately I tensed up and crossed my tan legs. I had never been this close to black man before. I slightly turned my head to get a better look at him. He was very handsome. As he caught my gaze, I quickly turned my head away.

"You realize you're not fully white, right?" He chuckled.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" I was so confused.

"The way you carry yourself, I can tell you think you're only white. Living in an all cracker town can do that to you," he laughed bitterly, "You're mixed and I understand that, but it's important to embrace both sides of you, black and white."

I was left speechless.

"Figuring out and loving your blackness can be challenging, but so damn rewarding." He continues.

"But on the other hand, I'm Kasim." He put his hand out.

"That's a cool name, um- I'm Raeanne. But most people call me Annie." I hesitated, but then finally shook his hand.

"Raeanne... hm."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned instantly defensive for some reason.

Suddenly Mrs. Meyers walks out from the main office doors, "Mr. Brown, may you step into my office?"

"Nothing, but I'll see you later Rae." Kasim picked up his backpack and winked.

And just like that, the mysterious new kid walked away.

-

How do you like it? Comment and let me know!