Chapter 1

The wind is blowing the branches of the trees. They are hitting which reminds me of a tapping on a door. A sound I haven't heard in such a long time. It had been months since I had seen more than these four walls. I hadn't even seen a face or had a voice to hear. I've been locked away for 3 months. The tally marks on the wall are my only way of time keeping.

3 months ago I had been taken out of my car by 2 armed men. I had been thrown in the back of a truck and not told a word of why. When the truck stopped, I was masked and bound at the wrists. We walked into a building and down a few flights of steps. I was flung in a room and the door was shut. It had not opened since.

There was a small window which reached the surface. Small amounts of sunlight reached my tiny room. It illuminated the small pile of clothing, the pile of a blanket and sheets to serve as my bed and the tiny chair. That is all that I have.

The walls are bricks and cole with a small underground stream, which ran through the room which made me cold. When allowed, food comes through a noche in the door. A plate will slide in, filled with small amounts of food. I have found that it always comes at the same time.

Now I hear noises. Noises from outside the door. I'm scared. More than I have been before. A gunshot. A thud. What is going on out there?

Suddenly the door bursts open. A flood of light fills the room. I'm blinded before I can fling my hand up to my eyes. A pair of strong hands grasped my shoulders. I jerked away though I'm not sure why.

"Winter? Winter? It's me."

At first I didn't recognize the voice but as my eyes started to adjust I looked at the face.

"Liam?" My voice was raspy.

"Yes . It's me." He pulled me into a tight hug. I could feel his shoulders shrugging because of the tears running down his face.

I didn't cry. I didn't feel anything. I know I should have but I felt nothing.

"Jake! Steven! Come quick!"

Two more guys walked in,. Well more like tripped over eachother to try and get in the door.

"Winter!" They yelled almost in unison.

Jake, my brother, also had watery eyes but I could tell he was trying to keep it in.

"Come on lads. Let's get her out of here."

All of a sudden I couldn't see. My vision went black and slowely I couldn't hear.