The Bear Cub

'Its been hours...and he doesn't move...he's really big...' The new inmate thought to himself, ice blue eyes glancing over at the larger male periodically.

It was true, Musashi was much taller and more muscular than Mishka, who stood at a meager 5'2 and weighing only 99 lbs. His messy white hair hung in short wavy locks, slightly framing his pale and thin face.

But, of course, the intimidating and silent male couldn't see any of this, but he could easily tell that the boy was much smaller than himself, by the lightness of his steps when he first walked in. Musashi sighed, making Mishka look over at him.

The taller male slowly stood up and navigated his way near the boy, sitting a few feet away. "Well, kid. If we're gonna be cell mates, we might as well get to know each other" Musashi started, crossing his legs. "My name is Musashi, and as you've said, yours is Mishka..." He tried to smile a little, trying to come off as friendly.

'Dumb dog told me to socialize..so I should at least try' He thought. "So, what are ya in for?" He questioned, the boy looking down at his own feet. "Come on. you can tell me. Did ya rob a bank? assault a political officer? Resist are-" "I stole dogs" Musashi froze as he was cut off. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that, can you repeat it?"

"I stole dogs...from the shelter...and from homes.." Mishka mumbled, pulling his knees to his chest, blushing as his new "Comrade" began to chuckle. "You're in a high security prison for stealing dogs?!" The larger male fell over laughing, the boy burying his face into his arms. "I was charged with armed robbery and assault..." he continued, "But I was just trying to save them from negligent homes...".

Musashi calmed himself down. "Ah...Arrested for a good cause...Make sense" He muttered, smiling when the boy stayed quiet. "Well, i'm in here for multiple counts of arson" He said, a smirk on his face.

Mishka smiled a little, feeling slightly more comfortable with the larger male. He leaned back against the wall, watching Musashi with curious eyes.

The red haired male simply sat there, feeling the boy's eyes on him. "...something on my face?" He questioned, tilting his head. "No...sorry" Mishka mumbled, looking down.

Silence once again enveloped them...and it stayed that way for hours.

Until lunch time rolled around.