Epilogue

Hi. My name is E'Lana Rivas. I am twenty two years old, and I have a six year old son.

I graduated school May 28th as a Junior, with a newborn baby.
When I turned eighteen, I got married to my son's father.

On May 13, at 6:42 in the morning, when I was only sixteen years old, my son, Hayden Azariah Rivas, was born at five pounds, thirteen ounces. It was the most beautiful, sacred, intimate day, I've ever encountered. Those fourteen excruciatingly painful hours of labor gifted me with the best reward in the entire universe, and I would never change it for the world.

I wouldn't change the fact he was born at thirty seven weeks, I wouldn't change his immense hunger and sense of greed, I wouldn't change his temper tantrums and the way he screams when things don't go his way. I wouldn't change the fact that he kicked my ass earlier in my pregnancy. I wouldn't change the lack of sleep I received the first few months, and the amount of times I cried from the pressure of being the guardian to a infant who now depended on me.

I would never alter anything, because Hayden gave me so much more out of it. He gave me smiles and laughter. Joy and graciousness. He gave me something to better myself for, opened my third eye to the world for what it really was. Someone to hold and cuddle. A little person who loved me and knew that words could not express how much I loved him too.

On May 13, at 6:42 in the morning, when I was only sixteen years old, I, E'Lana Sewell, Became A Mom.

This is my story, and it is far from over.
Hayden, my son, Dalton, my husband, and I, thank you for deciding to partake in our journey.

XOXO,

E'Lana