Chapter 2

As soon as I stepped through the door, chaos ensued. Red plastic cups with alcohol were flying through the air, heavy metal was blasting from the speakers, and couples were making out in the hallways. When I cleared my throat however, the room went absolutely still.

"Hey guys! I see the party is in full blast. Keep it up!" I encouraged as at least a dozen of the guys checked me out, their glances filled with longing while their girlfriends looked as if they were constipated smiling through gritted teeth.

Of course, Max had to ruin my moment with a bang as he slammed the door behind him and shouted, "PARTY UNDERWAY!"

Everyone immediately returned to their anarchy mode after that, and I lost sight of Max when he went to another room to flirt with the senior girls. Out of the corner of my eye however, I spotted my friend Marlene talking with group of girls. Correction, Marlene is my "friend." I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she is trashing me with her gossip right now, that girl is one fake ass.

"OMG, did you guys see what Eve was wearing yesterday? That skirt is so disgusting, I am afraid I am gonna vomit just recalling it. Does she even have any style? Oh, and that pimple on her face makes her look like an inflated....." Marlene trailed off as she spotted me standing behind her, smiling with as much sincerity as a murderer to his victim.

"Oh....hi! How are you? Looking fabulous girl!" she tried without success to cover up her façade. I admit it feels good to catch someone with their pants down sometimes, exposure always make good headline news, especially when that news is about the gossip girl.

"Thank you for those lovely compliments. I truly appreciated the fact that you expressed your true opinions of me in the most comely manner. And trust me when I say that I will never forget it, ever," I said, my voice dripped with sarcasm and anger. I could sense Marlene's panic level rising, and the girls behind her weren't looking too good either. By now, everyone in the room was watching the action, the anticipation evident in their eyes. Who wants to miss seeing the most popular girl in school confronting her "friend" for stabbing her behind her back? Nobody. I won't disappoint anyone with this showdown, that is for sure.

"I..I gotta go. I just remembered that my mom told me to go home for something. See you guys later!" Marlene chirped as she bolted for the door, but she was no match for me.

"Before you go, I just want to tell you that your life will be a living hell after this. Trust me on one thing, you will sincerely regret what you did to me tonight. The best of luck," I warned her as she frantically tried to escape from my iron grip. As soon as I let her go, she continued her mad dash to freedom, but she was too late when the cup of grape juice from my hand flew to her head and exploded in her face. There was silence after that, you could hear the clock ticking. Then the laughter came, malicious, spiteful laughter attacked Marlene in every direction as she stumbled out of the door, red faced and sobbing. An overwhelming surge of pity grew within me, but I stomped it down. I can not risk my reputation. 

Half an hour later, I was feeling rather pleased with myself. The confrontation was a hit, and people were congratulating me all over the place. Society is messed up I know, who would encourage humiliating a person in public? Unfortunately however, Woodgrove High is full of evil bystanders, and I have to go along with it if I want to keep my status. At least I kept my promise though, Marlene's life will definitely be a living hell after this, people are gossiping and trash talking her all over the place. What would she expect? The show was a sensation. Even Max seemed amused, you can hear his bragging from down the street.

Suddenly, the door opened with a squeak as a middle aged woman timidly stepped into the room. The whole place quieted in shock, it is an unspoken rule that no adults come here. Everyone was glancing at each other uncertainly, not knowing what to do except me. My jaw dropped in horror as I realized that the woman is my mother.