Untitled Part 2

Briiing, briiing, briiing.... Letting out a small groan my eyes flutter open as I quickly climb out of bed shutting off my alarm clock along the way. I stand stretching my limbs before relaxing and walk over to my closet. I reach into my closet and smiling as I hear feet racing through the hallway and down the stairs. I get dressed quickly and walk out of my room, head down the stairs, and step into the kitchen. I stop as soon as I see the two most important people in my life sitting at the breakfast table eating and look at my 10 year old little brother Ridley and sister Reena. I study their features; there big bright blue eyes, blonde hair, and not for the first I take notice to the fact that they take after mom. Taking a deep breath before stepping the rest of the way into the kitchen and I walk over to the cabinet and a pour myself a bowl of cereal. After I'm done I wash my dishes and finally ask "Shouldn't you guys still be in bed?" I hear them laugh before they dash back up stairs. I climb up the stairs after I finish the dishes and head straight into the bathroom. I busy myself with brushing my teeth and combing my hair before finally looking in the mirror. I see startling grey-blue eyes looking back at me. I study my own features; from my deep blue eyes to my black hair, my high cheek bones and my tall yet willowy figure, features that look so much like my brothers... like my father's. Quickly looking away from my reflection I finish getting ready before hastily stepping out of the bathroom. I walk down the hall take a sharp right into my room grab my book bag, and go back down stairs heading straight into the living room.

Today is my first day at Hellgate High school in Missoula, Montana and I'll admit that I'm terrified, what with going to a new school, having a new house, and meeting new people. It's all new to me and I'm alone in it all. Mom moved us away from Oklahoma after I was released from the hospital with no reason as to why we were leaving. I don't really know how I ended up in the hospital though, Nobody really talks about it but I know it must have been bad because my mom loved Oklahoma, I loved it too. Now all of it is gone for reasons I don't even understand. Of the few things I do understand though and the one that holds the most importance is the fact that my father is dead, second everyone treats me like I'm a China doll; fragile and delicate, and third i have this undeniable fear and anxiety whenever I have to get into a car, and lastly I have nightmares I can never remember. I don't understand it why or how this is possible but I will one day of that I am absolutely sure.

Feeling a sudden rush of sadness running bone deep, almost to my very soul are the many many memories of everything I've left behind in Oklahoma; Friends, family, .... Oklahoma. Blinking back tears I also get caught up thinking of my brother's betrayal, leaving us with mom and of him even thinking to ask me to leave Reena and Ridley with her as if I could ever do that.  Max's decision to to stay with our uncle Mark and my Aunt Jana, and leaving me, Reena, and Ridley with mom. It's not that I don't love our mom it's just that she does things now that could get her in some serious trouble. I don't understand why things have changed so much but I will find out one day, I swear I will. I turn around hearing footsteps coming down the stairs. I smile as soon as Reena and Ridley walk in. "You guys ready for your first day alone?" I ask. They look at each other, nod, then smile back at me. I turn and walk straight out the door and hear their footsteps behind me, following. I step outside into the warm morningair, take a deep breath of courage as I look at the car, and finally walk over to my car climbing into the driver's seat. I drive the little ones to the babysitter so the babysitter can watch over them well I'm at school... and so that I know they'll be safe... at least for now.