The Unforgettable Moment

Prom night is very near and still I don’t have a date. Why? It is because I’m still thinking if I’m going to come or not. My last experience was not good at all. I was invited by one of my, well, suitor. I regretted it. He was a very gentleman indeed but all were just a disguise for who he really is. He’s an ass. Sorry for the word but he really is. He assumed that I may be brought to his bed after the night.  Well, I’m not. So I ended the night by kicking his nuts.  It was scary and traumatic at the same time. I did make a scene and it was embarrassing. That is why I doubt to come in the senior prom.

            Furthermore, I am receiving a lot of invitation from guys. I don’t know which one to accept. I’m afraid that I may regret it again. Last year, it came from a very nice person that everyone knew and he came out to be a jerk. I trusted him but I was tricked.

            It is Thursday now and the dance will be on Saturday night. My friends are still bugging me about it. They wanted me to come since it will be our last chance to get into the prom and last event before we graduate. They told me that this time it would be for good. Also, my best friend, Belle, told me that she would be able to accompany me the whole night if I’m still scared to accept offer from someone. But that would be disappointing. She has a boyfriend and I will not ruin their night because of me.

            Also, there is another reason for me to come. There is this guy, whoever he is, sending me letters secretly. I know it sounded so vintage but for me, it is so romantic. He started to send me letter way back September. It was second day when the classes started. He dropped it to my locker. At first, I thought it was a joke so I ignore it. I didn’t even bother to know who he is since he didn’t send again the next day. However, there was again a letter three days after. From that time, I asked my friends if they saw someone who got near to my locker. But they didn’t notice anyone. So I just wait for the letters to come and read it when I’m alone.

            The letters were so neatly written. At first, I thought it was printed but it wasn’t. All were written in fine cursive writing. When someone analyzes it, he might think it come from a girl but I guess not. I am sure that it was written by a guy who loves to write. The letters were sometimes short stories or poem. This guy really loves to write. That is why I confronted the chief editor of our school newspaper. He was the only guy in the group of writers. However, he told me that it was not him. To prove it, he told me his secret. He is gay.

            His short stories were like chapters of a book. From the time he first sent it and I read it, it seemed like there is a sequel. Also, the poems were so unique. I am actually a fanatic of reading. I read a lot and mostly in my vacant time. I am busy in school activities since I am one of the student council.

            I wanted to reply on his letters but I didn’t know who he is and where should I send one. So I just leave him as an anonymous person. He seemed knew me and what I do very well because he kept sending the letters of affection. Some of my friends told me that he might be a stalker but I did not think that way. He seemed to be a good person because I could feel it through his letters. I don’t know what is happening to me but I seem to be developed to him through his letters. His letters are unspoken words of intense feelings.

            Last week, in his recent letter, he asked me if he could dance with me in prom just once. I wanted to reply but I really didn’t know how to reach him. He did not describe himself physically but he told me that he is a good person and I know he really meant it. Because of that, I’ll go to the prom. I really wanted to know my anonymous admirer.

***

            It was three in the afternoon, when the makeup artist arrived at our house. I got myself ready. Actually, I’m excited since the time I decided to go to the prom. I pampered myself yesterday in the salon. I bought cerise-colored gown with crystal bust over a tightly pleated body with hot ruffles that cascade down to my silhouette. I paired it with a fuchsia – colored strap pumps. I wear sterling silver with white sapphire journey pendant on my neck. I’m not really into jewelry but my mom said that it accentuated my gown. I thanked and smiled at her. I’m grateful for having a mother like her. So supportive in all I do.