3rd

I woke up today , feeling both excited and nervous at the same time. Why? Because today will be the day that I'll confess. Today will be the day that I will finally know if he's gonna say the three words back to me.

"Honey , are you ready yet?" my mom yelled from downstairs. Even with my bedroom door closed , I could still hear her very loud voice boom through my entire room. I quickly brushed out the tangles in my wavy jet-black hair and pulled it back into a high ponytail. Not too high , though.

I quickly checked my outfit and appearance one more time in front of my full-length mirror before packing some of needed items in a sling bag. I made sure that I brought enough sunscreen , sunglasses , a beach towel , and of course my phone.

After that , I grabbed my sling bag and headed out , slamming my bedroom door behind me as I left. My mom was already waiting in the car as I tied the shoelaces of my sneakers. Although this was a trip to the beach to spend some time with Nathan , I still wanted to look a little more casual and I figured that sneakers will be the best.

Sure , most people would rather wear flip flops to the beach. But for me , sneakers are the most comfortable form of foot wear that was ever created. Once I got into my mom's car , I peered into the little shopping bag that was on the front seat.

As if mom could read my mind , she said ,"Those are some snacks that I prepared for you and Nathan to munch on later at the beach. After all , you both can't just be left hungry all day on the beach."

I smiled and I knew my mom took that as a sign of me saying thank you to her. I took out my earpiece from my sling bag and plugged them into my phone. Since my mom was busy listening to her Chinese news on the radio , I wanted to listen to some music on my own while the radio was still turned on.

I finally decided to listen to the song Sad Song by We The Kings after scrolling my boom of songs available on my music library. As the song played , I found myself thinking of Nathan again.

It made me think of how my life would be if I never met him. Would it be like this? Would I end up falling for him and wanting to known as his girl? I shivered in fear , trying to get rid of the thought from spreading throughout the rest of my brain.

It's still morning and my heart was already lighting up a burning flame. I quickly decided to listen to another song called Shy by Jai Waetford. I love that song as it perfectly describes how I feel whenever I see Nathan.

It's like even when I hear his name , it gives the butterflies already. He had the effect on me, The effect where I get super nervous and he's the first guy that makes me feel that way ever in my life. As in , seriously.

The song continued to play as I glanced out the window , trying not to think too much about confessing later on.

>>>

The weather on the beach was super nice and relaxing. The sea was crystal clear and the cool wind was blowing , playing with my hair a little as it did. Even though my hair was in a ponytail , the wind still managed to make it look like my ponytail was flying.

A few moments earlier , Nathan and I finished off our picnic lunch with some oreo and cheese pudding that his mom made. He brought the delicious dessert in a cooler box to prevent the dessert from getting warm and mushy.

We laughed and joked around with each other as we strolled around the beach. When I complained that my eyes were hurting a little from the sun , he took out an extra pair of sunglasses and gave them to me. 

Nathan even insisted that I keep them as little gift on this "date" of ours. I said no , but being the guy he is , he won the little battle.

I also noticed that there were a lot of young couples spending a day at the beach today as well. I even caught sight of a boy kissing the girl after he confessed. I literally wanted to melt into a pile of a mushy puddle after watching it happen.

I found it so cute. I even planned to collect some seashells to bring home and make some jewelry out of the seashells I'll collect. After all , seashells are amazing to make some nice jewelry with.

As the time past by like a whirlwind , the sun began to set. As it did , it created a beautiful mix of orange and pink in the sky , looking like a perfect couple , all mashed up together and stuff. The wind yet again was playing with my ponytail , but I didn't mind at all. I found it super nice and calming.

"Wanna get some ice-cream?" he asked me , fidgeting with his fingers a little. Indeed , there was a few moments of awkward silence between us and when he asked me that question out of nowhere , I figured that the only asked in order to make the situation less awkward.

I nodded my head and when he suddenly grabbed my hand , I knew the took my nod as a yes. We fell into line and boy , there was a long line in front of us and in order not to feel awkward again , we chatted as the line moved.

A few minutes later , it was finally our turn to order. We both decided to get the same flavor ; chocolate. And this time , Nathan paid for the ice-cream. He said it's his treat after I paid for the food we had during our hang out to Jerudong Park.

As we ate our ice-cream , we continued to laugh and joked around with each other. Soon enough , I began getting comfortable. He's super nice and super easy to talk to.

Halfway through eating our delicious ice-cream cones , he said ,"I have always wanted to say this...... I-I love you."

After those words came out , I let my ice-cream fall out of my hands and I didn't care one bit. He confessed. Wow. It was a whole other thing he kissed me. 

I smiled , feeling the heart of mine getting all warmed up. He finally said the three words I wanted to hear.

THE END.

Author's Notes :

Congrats guys on finishing this story! I really hope you enjoyed reading it just as much as I've enjoyed writing it! :)) I hope you guys will continue to support me and my other works!

xoxo

Queen Lianne