Princess!!

Okay then. I have a father. I mean I knew I had one, obviously everyone does. That's how you're born, right?

We are not going into details.

"Isn't it fun mum? You wake up one morning, and voila! You've got a father! One who actually exits. Perfect!", I am trying to be nice but can't help it.

"You always had one. I never said you didn't. He was just....gone.", she tried to justify but soon ran out of words.

"I don't wanna be late for the school.", honestly I'm not in a bad mood. I always knew he was somewhere out there. My mum never used past tense for him.

I know, you must be thinking that I'm making it sound like it's no big deal. But the truth my friends is, that most of us in situations like these are either too shocked to say anything or too surprised. Too anxious or too angry. Too emotional or too calm.

That's how life works. We prefer being practical rather than dramatic.

I would have liked it if my mum was scared to disclose the news to me, instead she was absolutely fine. No crying, no I-know-you-are-hurt-darling looks. And no sorry's.

I mean, mums are never that easy.

I hope they were.

By now I was half way to my school. My schools name is Ikurana.

It's a school for special kids. That is what my mum likes to think. But it's a school for deaf and dumb kids.

Yes, earthlings, I am deaf.

I lip read and speak. You can easily identify from my accent. It's different.

I talk from my hands too. Sign language. I prefer that but as most people can't do it, I don't use it all tgat much.  I learned how to speak. My mum speaks and does the sign together all the time.

So here we are. I'm not your average girl. It's not like I'm too sassy, good looking or talented. I am just deaf and I'm fine with it. I like it.

I entered the school and found Molly running to wards me.

"What?", I signed.

"What what?, can't a friend be happy to see her other friend", she signed back and continued.

"Jake messaged me saying ' tell Nonu that we've got to go to Mrs. Lumbersum's house to grab her stuff' so I expect the messaged is clearly delivered", she compeletd and gave me don't-dare-blaming-me-again-if-you-are-too-lazy-to-go.

I nodded and pushed her away. I was late for class. Sometimes too much thinking leads to late classes.

Jake? He's my friend. Not deaf. I know him since I was 7. He calls me Nonu because when I was was 10, I was a little too short for my age and he use to say "You are so tiny, people will think that you're my daughter. So be it, you are my daughter and I'll name you Nonu....coochi coochi...." IDIOT.

I stepped out of school. So soon.I'm not really a fan of explaining my teachers and how they question you and everytime you are lost in your thoughts, lucky enough to know the answer or a nerd.

Schools are all the same everywhere.Someone bumped into my shoulder. Oh I think I've replaced it.

I turned and saw that the guys who bumped in me was standing few inches away from me. His back towards me.

"Hey.", I shouted and he was slowly turning around. Way too slowly.

Then he took a sudden turn and his hands meeting my cheek.

I closed my eyes tightly.

And felt someone pulling my cheek.

I opened my eyes and there stood Jake.

"How is my little girl?  I missed you so much Nonu. How was the day coochi coo?!", I swear no dad in the whole world talks to their girls like this.

You wanna play Jake? Okay. I have a nickname too. And I'm about to say it.

I pushed his hand away.

NOW.

Wait for it , wait for it.

"I'm good how are you...princess?!", that's my nickname for him.

COOL?

No? Okay :(