Chapter 2

When I had awoke this morning I thought that what had happened last night was a dream only it wasn't it was real, and she was really gone. Besides her the other thing on my mind was that girl I had seen in the meadow. Who was she? And why is she relevant to Lindsey at all?

Slipping out of Lindeys's old comforter and fixing my clothes- her clothes I made my way out to the kitchen. When I had walked past the home phone on it there was a message I guess I didn't see it on there last night when I came in. After I had pushed the button for me to listen to it the familiar sound of my own voice came and then the beep, followed by the massage that had been left.

Lakota, I know that the doctors have been telling you that I'm getting better but that's because I keep telling them to. I know that you don't want to come to terms with this but sooner or later your going to have to. I'm dying and there's nothing you or I can do about it, the doctor told me that if I wanted I could leave you a letter and I did. In the letter I will explain some things to you; things I've been hiding from you. When you decide that you want to read the letter, go visit Jeremy he promised he'd give it to you. I love you don't forget that, Lakota your strong don't let my death get to you.

Jeremy of course; he was her boyfriend and now that I come to think of it I didn't even see him at her funeral. What a jerk. One of the worst things is that even when she was in the hospital he would cheat on her and never come to visit. And she knew what he was doing while she was in the hospital. He always cheated even before she was diagnosed, but she'd always take him back and I never knew why Lindsey said it was because she was in love. And I didn't doubt her considering I never felt nor understood what love was or still is. We were all friends when we were younger and then he was actually tolerable. 

I didn't exactly remember where Jeremy lives but I remember some directions on how to get there from when Lindsey used to have me drive her over there. I quickly grabbed the keys, my shoes and went to walk out the door but not until I realized that I was still in Lindsey's pajamas. I ran back to my bed room and exchanged her pajamas for some of my clothes.

When I finished getting dressed I headed out of the apartment and got into my car. Lindsey and I used to share a car and soon after a while she just couldn't drive anymore because she'd pass out from being so weak and I didn't want to take the risk so I would always drive us places; eventually when she became hospitalized it became mine.

Pulling out of my apartment complex I made my way to Jeremy's house I started to realize that even thought I rarely drove her to his house, I remember the way. From my complex I made a right and when I got to the stop sign I quickly made another right. Eventually I ended up making a left and then I pulled into his drive-way; he was home. I had carefully got out of my car and walked up the walk way to his front door and knocked, when the door had opened it wasn't by him it was by a blonde. She looked like a freaking teenager blonde hair, green eyes, perky boobs, tight body it was disgusting the girl was only wearing a rather large T-Shirt. 

I pushed my way past her and went into the kitchen where I saw Jeremy eating a sandwich, right after I walked in to talk to him I heard the door close and was followed by the girl would came up and kissed Jeremy on the cheek before whispering in his ear that she'd be in the bedroom; I felt my body shiver in disgust. When I seen that she was out of hearing distance I looked back at him and he looked at me smirking "Anything I can help you with?"  he asked "Yea actually Lindsey said that she gave you a letter to keep for me and I want it," I demanded. 

That's when he started to laugh "And what makes you think that I'll actually give it to you?" I gave him a look that said are-you-kidding-me and said "Oh I don't know maybe because, I've watched you cheat on my diseased and bed ridden sister for long enough?" I questioned in a duh kind of tone "Okay, Okay fair enough I'll give you the letter" I sighed "Yes" but he cut me off "but you'll have to do something for me" before I could answer the girl that had been in his bedroom came out fully dressed in skimpy clothes she apologized for interrupting and told him that she had to leave she had another client. Wait- was, was she a hooker? 

I weighed the options there were more cons than pros but I wanted that letter there was something that Lindsey just wasn't telling me about her relationship with Jeremy. It's like the pieces didn't fit together a key factor was missing and the letter is rightfully mine "sure what  do you want me to do?" I asked a little more skeptical of the whole idea completely "I want you to go on a double date with me; my friend asked me to find him a date and I guess you'll have to do." In some way I felt good that he had asked me but I also felt disappointed that I wasn't good enough for his so called  friend.

I bet his friend is a loser, yea that's it. I didn't know why I was trying to convince myself that I was good enough or even better than his friend. "yea I guess I'll go but he better be hot." I really didn't care if his friend was hot honestly I was only going on this date to get the letter. When he gave me the directions to the club that I was supposed to meet him at tonight I left his house and headed to Lindsey's burial site. I really miss her.  

The drive there was quiet and lonely but once I got pulled up in front of the meadow my headlights lit it up and it was clear but as soon as I turned them off she appeared. And when I seen the girl's face I knew exactly who the girl was. 

 Author's Note: Should I write the next chapter in Jeremy's Point of View or continue where I left off?