Chapter 1

Adopted by Tom Hiddleston
By thesupremedaleks

Chapter 1

Some people may think that others who have nobody who cares about them are loners, people who should be pitied. Others believe that they who are in an orphanage are snotty, that they should not be loved. I don't believe either. I believe there is always hope for somebody, even in the darkest of times. People who are in an orphanage like me have hope, and many receive love in exchange. But not me. I still have hope, I hold onto hope like it was my lifeline. But I have never even been looked at, much less adopted. But to be honest, I didn't mind. As long as I was alone, I could really be myself.
I'm the type of girl who's the nerd of the group, the one who reads or watches something and gets attached to the character, and I can't let go. Nobody wanted to adopt a girl like that. People, specialists have come to see me, to try and 'cure' me. But I can never be cured. Or so I had thought. One day, the impossible happened. A time where a certain person had changed my life, forever. My name is Juilette, and this is my story.

It was a muggy, grey stormy day, the clouds pouring down rain as if it was a very small hurricane. Lightning was flashing everywhere, its light bursting through the air. I was snuggled up in my ocean blue covers, my body warm in a snow white blanket. My head rested against the pillows as I stared at the ceiling, my breathing slow and steady. Outside my closed door there was a calmness throughout the building, only the slightest noise of chatter and the clink of plates. I laid on my bed for about half an hour, when the head of the orphanage, Miss Mary knocked on my door. I turned my head towards the door, my brow furrowing slightly. "Come in," I said, and merely glanced at her before staring at the ceiling once more. "Julie," she said, calling me by my nickname. "A guest will be arriving in about 2 hours, to visit, and maybe adopt one of the children." One thing I noticed about her words, was 'one of the children.' I shifted my gaze towards her, slightly annoyed. "Okay, so?" I said, not seeing why she came 2 hours earlier. "You have to take a shower, and look nice." Miss Mary stopped and stared at me for a moment or two. "Now get up, come on!" She said, shutting the door. I groaned and slowly rolled out of bed, my blond hair messy.