Chapter 2

Chapter 2

30 minutes later I stepped out of the shower, my hair sopping wet, a towel around my slim figure. I looked at myself in the mirror quietly, just simply staring at myself. My bright blue eyes stood out of all of my features, my dark eyebrows thin. I looked away and looked into my messy closet. I fumbled though my clothes until I found my best jeans, and an emerald green shirt. I slipped them on, not bothering with all of the dresses and skirts. They weren't really my style, and I didn't like them.

I looked at my clock, which read 13:56. 34 minutes until this visitor arrives. I sighed and walked into my bathroom again, picking up a blue hairdryer, drying it briefly, and tying my hair back into a messy braid, folding it to the side. I carefully applied some powder and a little mascara to complete my look. I saw that I had approximately 15 minutes left, and decided to read my favorite book, Divergent for a while.

When it was 5 minutes to spare, I walked out of my room, closing the door behind me. I made a face as girls rushed passed me, wearing fancy dresses and such. Ew. Just no. I walked into a bright room, the adoption room. All of the others were in groups, talking excitedly, glancing over at me occasionally. Walking over to a table full of food, I grabbed an apple for my breakfast, and leaned up against a corner and began to eat. Suddenly, screaming and sequels erupted as a door opened, revealing a man I have never seen in my life. Girls surrounded him the moment he entered the room, acting like a total bunch of fools. I snorted slightly and continued to eat my apple. Miss Mary managed to usher the girls off of the visitor, and he looked towards me. I felt a pair of eyes staring at me and I stared back, looking deep in his bluish green eyes. He had brown curls, his cheekbones sharper than a butchers knife. I raised my eyebrows, silently saying "what?" He laughed slightly and shook his head.

Once the others were quiet, Miss Mary cleared her throat. "Girls," she said in a falsely sweet voice. "Please welcome Mr. Tom Hiddleston, our visitor!" Another round of screaming filled my ears, and I rolled my eyes. Really? I mean, he's just a guy. He did look slightly familiar, though. Probably from a dream or something. Miss Mary said something about this Tom spending time with us throughout the day, which I didn't really pay attention though. As the visitor walked along the room, spending 10-15 minutes with each group of girls, laughing and talking, and impersonating somebody called Loki Laufeyson. As I threw my 3rd apple core in the trash, Tom looked up and stood.

He walked to the door, announced that he would only be a moment in his British accent, then looked at me once more. He made a motion for me to come with him. I hesitated, then followed him. I slipped through the door without being noticed, and found him waiting in the hallway. "Yes?" I said, my voice slightly hoarse. Tom smiled showing dazzling white teeth, and spoke. "Hello. I'm Tom." "So I've heard." I said, and he laughed slightly. I slipped my hands in my pockets, grinning a little. "Come sit down." Slowly I came besides him and slid down the wall, resting my elbows on my knees. He did the same. "So what's your name?" He said, glancing at me. "Juilette." I said, my voice slightly small. Why was I so nervous? "It's a pleasure, Juilette." He said. I raised my eyebrows and looked at him. "You don't have to be so polite, you know." All he did was chuckle. "What do you like to do?" He asked, looking back at me. "Me?" I paused slightly, thinking. "Well, I do enjoy reading. Being with people hasn't really being my thing."

"And why not?" He asked, as if he was curious. "All of the girls here.. Aren't really... my type. You know? There's nobody like me, who can really accept me." He didn't say a word at that. "Well I have a feeling that might change." He said with a grin.