Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Early the next morning, there was a knock on my door. I woke up quietly, my eyes fluttering open. "I'm getting up.." She said, rolling out of bed. My door came open, and he was standing there. "Oh!" I said, my eyes widened, eyebrows furrowed. "Hello Tom!" I suddenly because aware that my hair was a total mess. I quickly grabbed the brush from my bedside table, and ran it through my hair. "Hello Julie," he said, his adorable smile on his face, "I've just come to drop by to say that Madame Mary wants you outside in 5 minutes." I nodded. "Sure, ok." He left to give me my privacy as I got dressed. I threw on some jeans and an emerald green shirt, put my hair in a messy braid, and hurried out, black converse on my feet. I quickly found the place where I was supposed to be, because the other girls were talking quite loudly. When I entered the room, it all went quiet. All eyes turned towards me, some with hatred, some jealously in their eyes. Miss Mary came towards me, and took me by my shoulders. She took me to her office, where Tom was standing. She shut the door, offering me a seat. I didn't take it. "Why have you called me here?" I asked, putting my hands in my pockets. "Juilette, as I take it, you have somebody who wants to adopt you." My eyes widened, my eyebrows raised. I looked towards Tom, whom was smiling. "You? You want to adopt..me?" My voice was barely a whisper. "I do," Tom said. "Will you accept his offer and be his daughter?" Miss Mary asked, holding a stack of papers. "Yes," I said, raising my voice slightly, "I would quite like that."

After both Tom and I signed many papers, I went to my room to gather my things. I got out a big, leather suitcase and packed all I possibly could. With all of my clothes, a few books, my iPhone, earbuds, some movies, and my old horse's saddle pad. That old saddle pad meant so much to me, the only thing I have left of my first horse. I zipped up the suitcase, looked around this room for the last time, and shut the door.
I walked down the hallway towards the door, finding Miss Mary choking back some tears. She hugged me tightly before letting Tom take over. He put his arm around my shoulders, taking my suitcase from me. There was a black limo outside. Tom popped the trunk, putting my heavy suitcase in the back. He opened the door for me, and scooted in besides me. I looked out the window, excited but scared for my new life with a celebrity.