A Whisper of Hope

Prologue

Kindness embodied her soul like feathers cover a bird. Her heart bore a burning desire to love everyone, though nobody deemed to love her. She knew that she wasn't loved like she loved everyone else, but it didn't stop her from giving, always, and being kind wherever and whenever. She loved the warmth she got when she helped someone else, but she became broken. Broken, because with all of the love she was giving and not receiving, it made her break. In private, she became depressed. Some days she wouldn't come out of the house because she knew how dreadful the world really was. Most days, she didn't show any signs of this burden, walking around with a huge grin and giving everyone, once again, the happiness and love that she never received.

Her hair had a shimmering effect throughout her golden locks, and she never dressed distastefully. The clothes she wore represented her compassionate spirit; warm colored tops and skirts or bootcut jeans. Her greenish eyes bore golden specs when light shined on them, making her eyes shine brighter than anyone else's.

"I can't do this anymore!" she would scream as she would throw her pillows across her bedroom while sobbing. "I can't do this anymore...I'm done!" Her parents didn't know about her secret behavior. Only her black lab, Yousef, knew. He would always cock his head with his puppy dog eyes, and she instantly would feel much better about everything.

While her depression seemed to worsen as the days went on, she still decided that she should just go to school and pretend that it didn't exist. Even though it actually did.

One day, she attempted to stay home again and end her life, but she did not do it. Something told her not to; a hand seemed to touch her and whisper in her ear, "Don't do it, Margo. Stay with me." She wasn't sure, but it gave her an overpowering sense of calmness, and the tension and stress she felt seemed to vanish for that short second. She tried to figure out if it was God talking to her or someone else...who ever it was, really must care for her.

Whether it was God or an angel, it was a whisper of hope that she desperately needed to hear. 

***A/N: 

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to consider reading my first book! I am still in the process of writing more... I have been writing this book for almost two years now, but this is the first time ( besides a few family members and friends) that it will be read by anyone! Please give feedback ( whether its good or things I need to improve on) as I am happy to make this even better :) 

S/O to my BFF Liz for getting me to this point... she's the one that saw my potential as this prologue was something I just randomly wrote one day during class. :) 

Thank you to everyone else who has supported me as well! 

Much love! <3

~ Madelyn Joy