Heavenly Embrace

Once she arrived home, she plopped down on her couch with a bowl of popcorn and watched some reruns of Full House. She was waiting for Zoey to arrive so they both could get ready for the game, she couldn't get her mind off of Bryan and how he acted. She was really worried he might do something drastic towards her. She quickly pushed her normal dark thoughts away and texted Zoey. She needed her now.  Her phone buzzed with Zoeys short but relieving response of , "Almost there! see ya soon!" Margo paced back and forth for five minutes until Zoey had arrived in her driveway.

    When Zoey came in the door she had a whole basket of black and blue fan gear, ranging from pom poms, face paint, and poofy tutus. "Did I go overboard this time?" Zoey asked as she set the basket down on the living room floor. "I pretty much bought all the black and blue items at Walmart."  Margo laughed as she pulled out the pom poms.

    "I think it is perfect! We are the Lakewood Giant's biggest fans! Plus, this is one of their biggest games, so we have to deck ourselves out." Margo and Zoey instantly began putting on the black and blue socks, tutus and their fan jerseys. Zoey began applying the face paint until the doorbell rang.

    Zoey rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I'm not finished! Once you've answered the door..come right back!" Zoey insisted as Margo got up to check to see who was at the door.

    Margo opened the door to see Bryan in his blue and black spirit jersey leaning up against the door frame with a seductive grin. "Hey...what's up?" His smile didn't make Margo uncomfortable, in fact, it made her feel reassured that tonight was going to be alright.

    "Well I'm getting my face painted for the game...um do you wanna come in?" she eagerly spoke but he frowned as she said this to him.

    "I can't... Ryan is driving, and he wants to quick get something before we head to the game. I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'll see you there," he quickly said as Ryan honked the horn for him to hurry. "I gotta go... bye." He gave her a kiss on the cheek and paced down the driveway and hopped into Ryan's car, and they sped off going twenty miles over the speed limit.

    "Mar, what the heck was Bryan doing here? And why was he with the Ryan, that stupid druggy? ...Oh my gosh...is Bryan doing drugs... I swear I'm gonna go crazy on Ryan!! He, first cheated on me, then he befriended OUR friend, and changed him and now he's getting him into..." Zoey began to ramble on but was cut off quickly by Margo.

    "He isn't doing drugs...I mean yeah Bryan has some problems at home and all, but he wouldn't resort to drugs...not him...not ...ever." Tears began falling from Margo's face, but she quickly brushed them away before her makeup got smudged. "I'm not going to cry...I don't want to ruin your masterpiece." Zoey led her back to the chair so she could finish her

Margo could tell that Zoey was still tense. Whenever Ryan's name popped up or whenever she saw him, her blood would boil. Ryan and Zoey used to date for a little over a year until a couple weeks before the start of their junior year. She went to a party one night and saw Ryan with another girl, doing things he shouldn't have been. Zoey was crushed and he continued to make her life a living nightmare by tormenting her for the rest of the year.

Margo looked at her friend's face soften as she took a deep breath.

    "Don't worry, he's fine. And I'm sure he isn't partaking in any of it, maybe just watching," Zoey said, trying to reassure Margo as she painted her face. Margo only nodded but remained silent as Zoey finished putting on her makeup.

    When they were finally done, they headed off to the game in Zoey's cute little 2005 chevy malibu. Zoey cranked up the radio, and they jammed out all the way to the school's football field.