After the carnival...

5 Days later.

After finishing up the carnival you walk over to the board in the conference room. You see your name in second place. In your mind, you are so excited because this is your chance to make it to the top of the company! Two men standing in front of you look over at you and give you a disgusted look. You take a step forward and then someone grabs your shoulder.

???: Hey cutie

(You recognize that voice. A voice you have known for a long time..)

Y/N: Hi-Rider...

Rider: Hey wanna grab a bite to eat?

Y/N: Sure Where do you want to go?

(This is Rider Serin, You two went to the same international training facility and you two ended up working for the same company after leaving the training program.)

Rider: I don't mind you pick I'll pay for as a way of saying congrats!

You look back up at the board and see Rider's name up on there.

Y/N: Wait but you're up there too. Why treat me if we could both put it under the company name?

Rider: I plan on turning down the offer.

Y/N: Wait hold on a second you were 3rd on that board why won't you accept it?

Rider: If I made it onto first then I would of course taken the opportunity. My goal is to get first not come in at top 5. I want to have that title so I can get hired by my uncle's company.

Y/N: So you just want to be recognized by your uncle is all?

Rider: Yup, I don't plan on going to the government office that place is screwed up man.

Y/N: Well I guess you have a point there...

Rider: Hey cheer up, I'm still group leader remember. Anyways let's go get a bite. I could so use a drink right now.

Y/N: Ok...

You and rider walk out and find a nice spot to eat. You sit down and chat for a bit and eat some desert.

Y/N: ...

Rider: Come on don't give me that you have been pretty quick this entire time we have been on our little date.

Y/N: It isn't a date, Look I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to take this opportunity to prove to your uncle that you can work for his company. Sure it's going to take a lot of hard work to get recognized but still.

Rider: ... Look I just don't wanna have to work for some high maintenance old fat man. It's not something I'm particularly fond of. I respect why you want to do it but do you really want to be trapped like a bird for a year?

Y/N: I don't have a choice... I need to get that money for some private reason...

Rider: I'm sure there is some other way. Why wasn't the military an option?

Y/N: I don't want people thinking I support the government.

Rider: Well your not so why don't you just join?

Y/N: It just isn't in my favor to join. I don't have special skills or anything out of the ordinary.

Rider: Oh then how did you get in this exclusive bodyguard company?

Y/N: My father pulled some strings.

Rider: What?

Y/N: My father didn't want me to be a poor person living out on the street and after learning that I was able to save someone in a bad situation he wanted me to join this business.

Rider: Why didn't you tell me sooner?

Y/N: I was afraid that you might tell someone that now that I have a secure job I guess I don't need to worry. Anyways thanks for the food I'll pay my half of the bill.

You leave money on the table and walk out. You didn't realize how late it was. Rider burst through the door and takes your hand.

Rider: Why would you think I would tell anyone?!

Y/N: I don't know, My father just told me not to tell anyone. I couldn't tell my mom or stepdad. She would think I'm just as bad as him. My father cares about me at least so I'm on his side.

Rider: Did you even take the courses even be a bodyguard..?

Y/N: I did, I didn't want to die so soon ok. I'm sorry I had to hide this from you but there isn't anything you can do about it now.

Rider: It's not like I was going to tell anyone. Besides I enjoy having you on the team even if your father paid someone off. 

Y/N: I'm sorry.....

Rider: Hey come over to my place I wanna show you something.

Rider walks off as you follow slowly behind

Y/N: I didn't realize this till now but I haven't ever been to your place.

Rider: No one has its kind of a private thing.

Y/N: Oh well I mean it's not like its a bad thing to not share your home but still I'm just interested is all.

You arrive at his apartment