Sore

Finally the footsteps start to fade away and I collapse to the ground forcing in a breathe and throwing one out.

I grasp onto my chest from it's sore beating of my heart and breathing of my lungs.

I look around and I can't see a thing.

I must have got into another room and moved deeper and deeper into the bunkers.

I turned on my flash light and I was lucky that it's batteries are still working.

Cobwebs are everywhere and the cement walls are the only thing surrounding me.

I sit up and cross my legs.

I grab the crackers out of my pocket and though I'm starving I only nibble a few and put the rest away.

I bet I look horrifying from my scraped knees and elbows (also the occasional times I fall on my face).

I look around the room to find anything useful still sitting on the flat cold ground.

Nope... Nothing there.

It took me a while to get myself to stand up.

I almost felt like an old woman even though I'm only 17.

My long hair was tangled and matted.

My converse were torn just like those kids who wore them forever.

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

An imaginary chuckle came into my head and I smiled as I thought of those punk kids.

I've learned to be quiet and keep things to myself because whatever is following me can hear like a freaking watch dog.

I don't know what's following me...

I started to run right as I heard the unknown person come close and closer.

Anyways that's the only thing in my way from getting out of here.

A cold hearted person or thing following me over and over.

I threw myself back onto the ground.

I could sleep almost in any position now and it never is a struggle to get myself to sleep.

Clicking the off bottom on the flash light it became gloomy and dark.

I closed my droopy dry eyes and steadied my breathing.

Slowly my body crept into the land of dreams and left me laying there motionless.

I woke up from a pain piercing at my stomach.

My arms instinctively went to my belly and grasped it tightly.

I reached down slowly into my stomach grabbing my crackers eating a tiny portion.

My body ached and screamed at every movement it made.

Alright time to get moving... And a one, two, three... FLOP. Great job at being graceful... Ok one, two, THREE...

I groaned and pulled myself upward rubbing my back.

I yawned and dragged myself around.

I slid my hand down to my pocket quickly to find the picture still there and I sighed in relief.

It's the only thing that keeps me going.

I stared at my little sisters face her smile pulling up to her eyes making then squint.

I loved that little mess even if we got in a lot of fights.

Looking at her face only reminded me of why I'm here.

Why was I so stupid and so easy to get my interest.

I hit my fist up against the wall in anger but only to remember how weak I was.

Shaking my hand and jumping up and down helped my pain slow.

I was one big mess right now and if anyone saw me they would think I'm one big freak.

I chuckled a little knowing I was already a freak but finally admitting it to myself.

Afraid of hurting myself even more I put the picture away back into my pocket.

I walked out of the room tip toeing into the hallway trying not to make a sound.

My thigh was screaming bloody murder at me to calm myself and sit back down but I needed to go a little farther to get into a safer place.

My eyes dilated to the light so I didn't need to pull out the flash light.

Every step I took my shoes dragged and left me walking like a zombie.

Instead of craving for brains I was craving for life... struggling on the tight rope the only thing under my feet... life.

Suddenly I felt something. It sent chills up my spine and shaking in my legs.

'It' was here.