260 Days Before

Barely 8 weeks had passed and Charlotte was already imbedded in her new life. She would wake up at the usual time, giving her the chance to take a quick shower and get dressed before kissing her dad good bye and walk to school. She approached the school waving towards a small group with Amy in the middle smiling from person to person. Amy and her friends had been so welcoming to Lottie, she barely remembered the last time she regretted going to school. Of course she wasn't the height of popularity she was just...there. Happy and enjoying life.

"You're early!" Amy pushed through the crowd after catching eye contact with Lottie and rushed over to her embracing her with a hug. Of course Lottie wasn't so comfortable showing affection as she was deprived from any attention in America but she awkwardly rubbed Amy's back until she pulled back.

"I was just explaining to the guys how Mr Hurts purposely sent me to detention yesterday so we could spend the afternoon together... alone"  Amy raised her eye brows and slowly passed out the syllables in "alone"

"Tell Lottie what you told me." A fair haired boy appeared from the crowd with his hands tucked deep into the pockets on his jeans. Charlie. His face was barely noticeable behind his long hair. It was long enough to brush the tip of his nose but he let it rest in chunks by the side of his square face. He was the stereotypical punk rock teen with his jet black hair and rebellious alteration to his uniform. Behind him stood a taller, broader shouldered boy identical to Charlie. James, Charlie's older twin brother. He stood differently to Charlie. He held himself with more grace with his chin held high. His hair, the same colour as Charlie's, but only pushed back with gell. He wore his uniform properly with the additional blazer, which wasn't mandatory but fitted him perfectly by his shoulders. Admittedly Lottie found James the more attractive twin.

"Right okay, So I was with Mr Hurts in detention after school and he gave me some paper to work on. And we, just for a moment, gazed into each others eyes. He was close enough to touch. Ugh I would have melted on the spot if we weren't interrupted by a knock on the door but anyway, he told me I was one of his best students and was giving me some long speech about how its my last year and I should make the most of it bla bla bla but the only thing going round my head was how id happily let him have me right there right-"

"I think" James interrupted with his deep voice. "That's enough"

"We've had to hear this story twice, I think you should spare the last few details" Charlie added.

Lottie laughed walking onwards into the building. James, Charlie and Amy followed behind. Conveniently enough all their lockers were in the same hall, round about the same block as well. Opening her locker, Lottie groaned remembering the pile of books she left behind at home. She almost kicked herself knowing that she told herself that morning not to forget the books, as they were essential to her first three lessons; but still failed to retrieve them. She exhaled heavily tilting her head back in frustration. It was far too late to go back home and get them but lesson was starting in less than 10 minutes. Charlie slammed his locker and walked over to Lottie staring blankly into her locker. He rested his back onto the locker doors next to hers and faced her, examining the downward curve on her lips and wholesome eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I forgot my books. All of them. Miss De Vita is going to kill me." She slammed her locker finishing her sentence.

"Perhaps you could borrow someone's text book? Just for that period." He said.

"Barely anyone I talk to does Italian."

Charlie frowned causing his hair to drop towards his eyes. He pushed it back with a sharp flick of his head only to have it settle back onto his eyes. He pushed himself of the set of lockers and followed Lottie as she wondered towards the languages corridor. Her and Charlie were more comfortable with each other as he reminded her of her friend at home. Funnily enough, he had practically the same personality as her friend so conversation came naturally between them. Charlie was the most approachable in her new group of friends beside Amy. Amy was the preppy and lively part of the group, always smiling and making everyone feel comfortable. James was the brains of the group, always making witty comments and correcting people but he was the more reserved and kept to himself. Charlie was the funniest. He was Lottie's best friend and has been there for her since he first layed eyes on her. He was more than a friend to her in his eyes but not quite...MORE than a friend. For now he focused on keeping her happy.