chapter 3

click click clank

i looked up from my lap to look over to the towering buildings and the forever moving city before me. it was really dark, and my favorite time of the night.

soon enough, i was sat on the top of the building.

i was sat on a building that i held close to my heart. it was an old ragged down museum that burnt down years ago, and the government wasn't bothered to get rid of it so they gave it for a 'remembrance' for the loses of the people who lost their lives, and all the history destroyed. now, it is home for cats and rats that nibble into the walls and stink up the empty halls.

the museum was originally build to be a mansion, so the rooms were huge and fancy, a collecting of stunning ballrooms scattered in each floor. the best room is my favorite room on the top story. i love it terribly because it's so small and it didn't get too damaged in the fire, and it was still stable to climb around in. in that room, you can climb out of the window to hop on the roof, and get the best view of the busy working city.

i was climbing the roof, slipping almost loosing my grip as i hauled myself onto the flat roof. it was a beautiful view, glowing in many pastel colors and beautiful shades of happiness.

as i look across the burning orange sky, i felt tall. i felt like i could reach out my balled hand and rip a chunk of cloud to cuddle. my brown eyes admired the sight of the colorful sunset, mixing through purples and reds and oranges. the larges fluffy clouds blocked most of the naked sky, making it impossible to spot rogue stars before the sun slept. the city's lights glowed purple and green, coloring the air with the artificial blaze. i could see the running cars from the hill, all burning the air with deadly smoke as it drove to the homes of their owners.

as i looked at the awe-striking sunset, i felt the happiness bubbling in the pit of my stomach as i realized how lucky i was to find this alluring place. i know, i am not the luckiest person, being homeless and starving as i begged for spare change, but i love the little moments which make life a little more easier.

i sat there until the burning sun sat under the ground, which took multiple hours until i thought of leaving my spot down to the busy streets back in the city. i would live up on the roof with only the stars covering my existence, yet the guards are paid to check the corners of the burned building to find any pesky teenagers disrespecting the property. i start to climb down to the window, yet when i kicked the air to see if i was at the correct area to climb down, i kicked the glass of the window, making and echoing crash down the wooden halls. i didn't think too much of the broken window in the split second i broke it, but when i heard the grumbling of alarmed guards the story down, my heart started racing terribly fast.

i was stuck in the roof of an almost unstable building, with no way out and i thought was two guards. it wasn't a good thing. i started to realize, if i don't move quick my ass would be shoved in the dirty cellar another time, and the bruises on my thighs tell me i don't want to go through that again.

i boost my tall figure back to the roof and sat petrified, think of many ways i can run away from the guards. i was up, seven stories up, a building over the hills and the city was ages away, i wouldn't be able to run all the way. dang, i was stuck.