Belles Cicatrices

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* I reached over and turned off my alarm clock. "Today is going to be a rough day today.", I thought. Getting up I hit my head on the top of my bunk bed. I don't even know why my parents got it for me.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw my mom cooking breakfast. Her boyfriend Steve sat by the table reading the daily newspaper, and shouting out the news. "Jeezum, he is so obnoxious", I thought. I snuck behind him, and got some eggs and bacon.

"Good morning sweetie", mom said.

"Morning mom", I said.

"Is that sporto?" ,Steve shouted

"Yes it's me",I said

"Come here bud", Steve shouted. Again.

"What?", I asked

He then replied, "Don't use that tone with me!"

"I didn't", i muttered softly.

"You know what bud forget about it, go get ready for school" said Steve.

I walked up the stairs and got ready. I went to the bathroom to only find out that it was locked.

"Gosh Kyle, I'm in the bathroom right now!", Steve's daughter Jessie screamed through the door.

"Fine", I said.

After waiting thirty minutes, I picked up my bag and walked out of my bedroom. The bathroom light was still on. Coming down the stairs I noticed that mom was already gone. She normally forgets about telling me goodbye. It was no big deal.

"Hey", Steve shouted, "I've got to drive you to school, let's go."

"Great", I thought.

About ten minutes into the ride. Steve asked, "Kyle, what do you see yourself as, like a rate of one through ten."

"I don't know", I replied.

"Any number" ,Steve said.

"Um, a five" ,I finally said

" I think you are a two", he then said.

"Oh, why?", I asked.

"If your mom and I want to make this work I need a better son", Steve said.

The words of poison entered my system.

"Okay, I'll work harder", I mumbled.

"Good", he said as we pulled into the school parking lot.

I got out and he screamed, "goodbye"

I ignored him and kept walking towards the school.