Chapter 4 Lunch

By the time I got out of the principal's office it was lunchtime. I got my food and went and sat at a table in the corner of the lunchroom. As I looked at the meal in disgust a kid walked up and sat next to me.

He smiled at me and said "Hi I'm Johnny... Johnny Cade. I'm new here and I needed a friend. You look like you could use one too."

I glared at him and said "I'm Kyle. I don't need any friends." But the kid seemed determined to make me his friend.

He didn't leave and said "Okay Kyle, but I walked in here and saw you I kinda felt hopeful that I could forget my old life. You look like someone who has had a rough time too." I was taken back at how he read me like that. I may have been different in ways but I looked like an everyday joe. It was different and new and I liked it. I told him that he could stay as long as he wasn't annoying. He replied "Okay, I won't be annoying. But I have a really bad habit of getting in trouble and you might get in trouble too if I do something and you are hanging out with me."

This made no sense to me and I really didn't understand why he said that. I ignored it and got up and threw my lunch away. As I walked back I saw him with a lighter and he was squirting germ-x all over the table. I stopped and saw that he had set the table on fire. I was kinda stuck there trying to figure out what he was making with fire and then I saw it. It was his name. I laughed as I walked out the lunchroom and he came running after me.

He walked up and I said "Dude that was weird and you are compulsive"

He said "germ-x creates a very small flame and burns very quickly. Besides that's why I'm here."

I looked at him and said "what did you do?"

He smirked and replied "I accidentally burnt down my parents house they sent me here with my grandpa until they could rebuild it. They don't even know I did it."

I laughed so hard and said "Dude you can hang with me anytime."

He walked to his class and I continued walking to mine when a foot tripped me. I got up and turned around to see Daniel and three of his buddies. Daniel leaned down and said "Now I've gotcha, you're gonna pay."