{×~13~×}

Jessie Shane was alive. I couldn't believe it.

«Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag...» She laughed as if nothing had happened.

«You met your villain, ladies and gentlemen. Now meet your traitor.» Jasmine smiled.

Their smiles used to be something familiar and contagious. Now they were foreign, repulsive and terrifying.

«Why? Why would you do that?» Felicia yelled at Jessie. Jessie shrugged.

«To get the police off my back in case they realised Jax and I killed her parents.» she said this as if it was something so simple, like going to the supermarket to get some chips. «They would rule me out as a suspect and it would help out little grieving Jasmine too.»

«We mourned you! Ben was- is devastated!» I yelled at her. «How could you?» I could feel my voice breaking.

«Quite easily...» The smile never left her lips. It used to be adorable and something that defined her, but now it just creeped us all out.

«Jax, why would you do all that? We were supposed to stick together. We promised.» I croaked.

«Tell that to my bruises. You heard. You never did anything. My family crushed me. They're the ones that broke me. They destroyed my everything. They forced me to show my tattoo. They said they would turn me in and called me a huge disappointment. They weren't even surprised. That's when dear old mommy spilled the secret; she ain't my mommy.» Jax rambled.

«I thought you were just fighting! You never said anything!»

«Whatever the case, unfortunately for you, guys, you really are going to die. No faking your deaths or anything... What can I say? You digged into something you should have left alone. I was actually going to kill only the savior, not the rest of you, but now...» Jasmine cringed.

«Jax, pull yourself together! Listen to what you're saying!» Jon yelled at her.

«Oh, I am. I've been thinking over how this discussion would go for weeks. I really wanted to see your reactions to this...»

«On three.» Kyle mouthed. I nodded slightly to show him that I got the message. Jasmine pulled out a knife, one that looked just like the one she had used to stab me.

«Three!» I shrieked and we all made for the door, running. Jax and Jessie didn't follow us, which meant we had to be worried.

To quote the Doctor, if something's not chasing you, it means that it has no reason to run in order to get you.

After running for about half an hour, everyone went to their house. The girls wouldn't try anything yet. They would want to catch us off guard.

I opened the door and walked in my house with tears in my eyes.

«Finally, I had started to get- What's wrong?» Claire asked.

«Did you know about Jasmine?» I asked her quietly.

«Know what about Jasmine?» she asked confusedly. «Is she okay?»

«Oh, of course. She's more than okay. Actually, I just found out we're related. Did you know she is our sister? Is that why mom and dad left?» I asked her again.

«What?! This is a joke, right? Is it April Fool's again, already?» she chuckled. She really had no idea.

«No, it's not. Jasmine is my twin sister. She found her adoption papers.» I told Claire seriously.

«It can't be. I would have known if mom and dad were expecting twins.»

«Is that why they never said why they were leaving, either? Mom and dad kept more secrets than we thought.» I shrugged. «I'm going to take a nap. The others will be here at around six. We're having a sleepover.» I explained and ran upstairs.