{×~24~×}

The days passed slowly. Kim hang out with us more now that we knew that she was with Chris (which was a lot to take in at first), and it turned out that Chris was right; she wasn't that bad once you got to know her.

She was a lot sweeter when she wasn't trying to get me in trouble and a lot smarter than she let on.

We even met up in her room once and met her little brother. He was only two years old, but he was quite a cutie and I could see she loved him very much. She really wanted him to have a bright future.

Psyche and I kept in touch. She filled me in with the planning and all that and we even managed to get the hotel's ballroom as a venue, so everyone who was left homeless from the fire could come easily. Besides, it was a free event and it was right under their rooms. People needed to be cheered up at a time like this.

We were positive that lots of them would attend.

Two weeks passed, and we were finally ready. The venue was decorated, Claire had forced us to go shopping (Kim helped her out with that) and we had spread leaflets at the hotel guests.

The staff helped out too. We encouraged everyone to spread the word to their friends and families and even put up a few advertising posters around the neighborhood and whatever was left of the Clonies.

Not many people would want to join the people that destroyed their homes and most of them would want to help take car software the issue. Everything had begun with sporadic murders that didn't affect everyone, and then Jasmine and Jessie took almost everything from almost everyone.

The event was to happen the following evening. My sister preferred calling it a ball, when that wasn't exactly what it was.

The night before, I couldn't sleep again. I can't say the same about Chris, who was sleeping so quietly and peacefully, that I was worried that he was dead. Then he let out a loud snore and my worry disappeared.

I went outside, to our room's balcony. It wasn't the same as my balcony, but that one was long gone by now. At least I had a substitute.

With a sigh, I leaned over the edge and I looked down at the street. It was late, a good three hours after midnight, but I could still see people walking around. I had stared down multiple times during my stay at the hotel, and this weirded me out every time, probably because I grew up at the Clonies, where no one got out of their house after ten.

«Can't sleep?» someone asked. I turned around to see Jon doing the same thing as I was. I was surprised I didn't notice him earlier.

«No, but what's new?» I shrugged.

«You should have that checked out.»

«I've already told you that that's the least of our problems right now.»

«Yeah, but that doesn't stop me for being worried.» he muttered.

«I think I can see that.» I smiled. «Thanks for your concern, but it's a little unnecessary.»

«Why do you mind if it's only a little, then?» he smirked.

«Shut up, monkey.» I blushed for no reason.

«Fine, but you should seriously try and get some sleep. It's gonna be a big day tomorrow.»

«Yeah... That only makes things worse.»

«You don't have to tell everyone you're the savior, we could tell everyone that we know who the savior is or something. You could go up there with a mask.» he said something I'd heard from him over a million times.