+ p r o l o g u e +

Kyley

"Stop!" I giggled a Luke wriggled his fingers over my sides, causing me to curl up in a tight ball on the couch beside him. I hated being tickled, and he knew that.

"Stop!" I tried to contain my laughter but it failed. I screamed as I felt a falling sensation, I flinched and grabbed for Luke. My eyes squeezed shut. I realized I was still on the couch, and being held tightly by Luke who was laughing at me.

I wrapped my arms around him, snuggling my head to his chest as he sat his chin against the top of my head. Our feet tangled themselves together along his blue couch for two. The two game controls were sprawled on the floor, kicked off the couch from Luke's tickle fest. I had bragged on and on about how I had won the Fifa game against each other.

I sighed in content as I listened to Luke's heartbeat. His cologne attacked my senses as I lazily shut my eyes. Luke had canceled his plans with the guys today, against my protests, to be with me and care for me while I was sick today. I felt the drowsiness coming like a plague to my body. I felt the familiar tickle enter my nose, and I knew what was coming. I held my to try and stop it, but it was no use. I covered my nose and instinctly curled my body in a tight ball.

"Achoo!" I squeaked as I sneezed and sighed. I hated my girly sneezes.

"Need more medicine, babe?" He asked caringly. I shook my head no as I sniffled and readjust my position so I was where I was before my godly sneeze.

"Babe?" He spoke suddenly. I answered not bothering to pry my tired eyes open.

"Hmm?"

"Kyley, I love you." I smiled and shook my head, his head bobbing up and down with mine. I chuckled as I opened my eyes and watched him. His eyes shined as he smiled and leaned down to my head and pecked me on the lips.

🌊

I never really believed in the thing called "Love".

I didn't really know what it was, and what drove people to "Love".

And that's what scared me, I think.

But at that moment, curled up beside him as he watched over me.

I knew what it felt like.

And it left me terrified.