Bye Bye Baby Blue

Cherry knew better than to panic. He spent hours, practicing his breathing in situations that would make his soul flair with magic he really, honestly didn't have anymore. He spent hours beside Blueberry, in the kitchen, or the couch, or in the small, blank patches in either Snowdin, thinking about the feeling he got beside the smaller, more energetic skeleton. The happiness that swirled in his mind, the sudden boost in his scarred bones, the added hop in his lop sided walk...

But those hours, days, even, amounted to nothing when he heard the news. God, he knew better than letting the happy go lucky Berry on his own in Fell, of all places!

Cherry knew that Blue wasn't as naive as he seemed. But he also knew that his partner had very little knowledge on what a cruel place the world could be. While he wished Blue had more knowledge, he never wanted this.

Could skeletons get sick?

('Yes, they can, Sans. You know that very well. You threw up ever'-)
(He's not ready yet. Not now. Not now.)

Either way, he felt like it. He wanted the throw up. How could someone hurt him? Maybe a shit stain like Cherry, but not Blue... Not ever the sweet soul that seemed to tag along like a lost puppy.

So why? Why did it happen anyway?