Chapter 2 - Painful Flashbacks

Grizz, Panda, and Ice Bear were sleeping. Ice Bear was able to get a huge ice box, so he was able to keep cool. Panda slept peacefully in his sleeping bag. Grizz was sleeping... but not so peacefully... he was... squirming and sweating.

In his dreams, he heard bunch of sirens in a stormy weather. he was sobbing on a tree branch. The sirens were louder that the sound waves hit him hard on his eardrums. The rain poured down his shoulder and back. The water lowered his body temperature and he kept shivering. The flashing siren now blinded him and something carried him away!

"No!" Grizz violently stood up and breathed heavily. "Whew, it was just a dream." He looked at Panda, who was still sleeping harmoniously. Grizz looked at Panda's phone to see what time it was. The clock read "10:14". Grizz sighed and went out the tent. He noticed that Ice Bear was still sleeping with an ax in both of his hand.

Grizz walked around to find any lake so that he could soak himself in a water after all the sweat dried out. He found a waterfall at the edge of the forest. "Ahh!" Grizz grunted as his head hurt for a split second. As the pain on his head was relieved, he saw another image. He was splashing water around and laughing happily. "I keep seeing these images. What's wrong with me? What is going on in my head?"

Panda rolled around and cuddled something. It was Grizz's sleeping bag. Grizz's sweat odor thrusted Panda's nostrils, causing him to jump. "Uggh! What's this smell?! Hm? Grizz?" He noticed that Grizz was not in the tent. He checked to see what time it is right now. "11:25? Oh, I overslept! Well, we did stay up really late singing and storytelling with campfire. But, where's Grizz?" He stepped out to see if Grizz was out there. Just Ice Bear in ice box, who was still sleeping. Panda walked up to Ice Bear to wake him up. "Brother! Brother!" He shook Ice Bear. Ice Bear squinted his eyes open. "Big bro is gone!" Panda panicked. Ice Bear turned his head and went back to sleep. "Brother! Wake up! We have to find him."

"Ice Bear needs his beauty sleep," he replied with his eyes closed.

"How can you sleep at a time like this?" Panda panicked even more. "We gotta find Grizz!"

"Ice Bear believes that Grizz is fine," Ice Bear replied, his eyes still closed. Panda angrily crossed his arms and tapped his feet. Ice Bear lifted his ax, his eyes still closed. Panda flinched and decided to go back inside the tent.

Grizz stared at the water with an empty mind for hours or so. Like a pond of diamond, the water was so clear that the afternoon sunlight reflected the surface and blinded Grizz. He slowly dunk his feet in the water, then his body, then his face. The water was so shallow that he had to lie down on his stomach so that whole body was dipped into the water. Grizz let his face out of the water as he let out a deep breath. He sighed with relief and panted slowly as the breeze skimmed his wet fur and cooled him down, which made him feel good. To get a better sensation, Grizz slowly walked over where the waterfall and the pond met. "Ahhhhhhh..." Grizz said as he felt the water run down from his head down to his back and his belly.

Something came into his mind again. He was screaming under the waterfall, and the something carried him put and gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Gaaaaaahhhhh!" He screamed as he grabbed his head, and stopped and kneeled. "What are these images? Why are they keep appearing in my mind?" He screamed. "I need to know the answers. There's gotta be someone who knows what happened around here." He ran back to his campsite.

"Grizz!" Panda called as he watched Grizz run to their campsite.

"Ice Bear said so," Ice Bear said as he watched Grizz running towards them.

"Grizz, what the heck, man? You should've told us where you were!" Panda said. "I was so worried about you!"

"Sorry bros," Grizz said. Ice Bear walked up to him and hugged him. "Aww... I know care so- WHOA!"