Little Story

He was broken but he didn't show it. She could see it but what could she do? She saw it every day in his eyes. But he didn't see that she could see through his mask. His smirk and smartass remarks were enough of a cover for everyone else else. Not her. She could see through his high and mighty exterior. Some people put on masks to hide under and forget to take them off. That's what he did. He's the tough guy, the one all the others guys look up to and all the girls love. But she wasn't like that. She could see something underneath the layers of white he had painted over him, to hide everything. She fell in love with the splashes of colours that were still peeking out from the underneath the layers. The splashes of colours all the others chose to ignore or simply didn't see.

She didn't know where she belonged but he knew that she belonged with him. She couldn't see anything in herself. He saw everything in her. But what could he do? He knew that a whole world lay beneath her quiet exterior. It was like on rainy days when the clouds hide the sun. She had made herself clouds to hide herself under. Yet he could see. See through the clouds, see the brightness which she hid.

They both saw things the other didn't know. Yet they didn't realise. That's the way love was sometimes, so obvious yet so hidden.