Her...

The way she looked caught my attention. Her short boy-ish hair. Her beautiful brown eyes. Her faded freckles on her cheek bones. Her clothing, a sleeveless tank top and brown shorts. My lips couldn't help but curl into a faint smile. 

I froze just staring at her. She looked over at me and smiled back. My heart leaped out of my chest. My heart began to race FAST! What was I feeling? Ive never felt this way towards a girl! 

The bell rung. Which brung me back to reality. I continued to find my class before the last bell rang. The halls were small and smelly. Old posters torn up and the color drained from them but were still posted among the hallway walls. I continued to walk down  the halls to reach to my first class, which was  choir. I have an amazing voice.

I walked in a few minutes late. The teacher was talking and when I opened the door the class went silent. I slowly crept into the classroom trying to find a seat but they were all taken except for one. 

The seat was all the way in the back on the class in the soprano section which was good, I was a soprano at my old school. I quickly ran into the seat so the teacher could continue to talk and so the room was not so awkwardly quiet. I didn't realize who I sat next to until I felt someone staring at me. It was her

My heart started to race again. But why? I noticed she kept staring at me. What a weirdo. 

All the teacher talked about was just an explanation of who he was and what to expect in his choir classroom.  Class was over when the bell rang for next period. 

"Hey", I heard as I walked out of the choir room door.

I turned to see who it was and it was her. What does she want?! And what the heck am i feeling?

"Hello", I said as soon as I saw who was talking to me. "Are you new to the school?", she asked me quietly.

"yes I am", I followed up on her question.

 "New to the town?"

"No, not really. Ive lived here for years but I've never been on this side of town"

"I can tell", she said with a smirk which made a smile  spread across my face. I don't know why. 

"Well if you need a friend i'm here. Oh yeah and by the way i'm Alex", she said excitedly. "Im Ava, nice to meet you", I said politely. 

She walked me to a classroom that  I had to clue where it was.

 Class was the usual boring stuff. It was weird not knowing anybody. 

It was time for lunch. The lunch tables were outside. It was a nice day out. I knew id be sitting alone.  I went to sit at an empty table by myself and brought out the lunch Leo,my chef, made for me.  Which was a tuna sandwich with three cookies and a water bottle.

I went to unwrap my sandwich Leo made for me and seconds later Alex appeared and plopped her lunch tray onto my table and sat right in front of me. I was confused to why she would sit with me. I didn't really know her and vise versa. 

"Hey Ava, is this seat taken?", she said with that stupid ...cute...smirk. "no you can have it.",I said politely. She smiled and took of her backpack to put it on the ground. "I like your hair", she proceeded to tell me. "thank you", I replied. "Here... give me your phone", she said  grabbing at my phone. "HEY!!",I snapped. "Relax i'm putting my phone number in. You need a friend around here."

"oh okay", I said allowing her to continue what she was doing. 

I don't understand what I feel around her. Is it because i'm shy? Anxiety? Im not sure...But what I do know is that i've made a new friend on the first day at my new school. Success on day one!