Chapter Seven

Lydia sat in class with a triumphant smile on her face that she was doing a horrible job at hiding. She was no longer the crazy one and it made her so happy.

Allison was sitting across the row from her nervously tapping her pencil against her notebook.

Lydia glanced over and her smile somewhat diminished.

She knew that she had to be the bigger person and be there for her friend even when that same friend was not there for her when she was out of her mind a year ago.

The bell rang for a class change, now it was time for Art Class.

The phone in Lydia’s pocket vibrated. She pulled it out and smiled lovingly at the name on the screen. It was from Peter.

“How are you, Gorgeous?”

“I am fine, but I am really worried about everyone.” She replied.

Not even a second later there was a response.

“Why? What happened?”

“Scott, Stiles and Allison have all gone crazy.”

“Well that is nothing new honestly.”

“Shut up, I mean the ‘you terrorizing my mind and actions’ brand of crazy. Which I still haven’t forgiven you for in case you forgot.”

“Okay, okay. Tell me what is going on.”

“Hallucinations and sleep paralysis, so far. I have to go, class is starting.”

“Okay, tell me more tonight.”

She slipped her phone back into her pocket as Allison brought their paintbrushes over to their stations.

Lydia got lost in her painting until she heard Allison’s fearful sigh next to her, as she glanced over she saw Allison’s hand shaking, “Not the steadiest hand for a superb marksman.”

“It’s been happening for the past few weeks, since that night.” Allison tossed her paintbrush down in anger when red paint splashed up onto the canvas paper.

Lydia saw Allison’s eye grow wide, she was hallucinating something. Quickly, Lydia ripped the page away taking it out of her sight, “Start over.”

Allison closed her eyes and took a breath as she began to paint once again.

The class bell rang twenty minutes later.

Lydia pulled Allison by the arm, “Come on, I am taking you to do the one thing you do best, put an arrow into something.

Lydia’s hand was still shaking with fear and adrenaline. She didn’t blame Allison for what almost happened but thank god Isaac was there.

She took a breather before she got out of the car.

She told her Mom that she was at Allison’s for the night, so that way she could happily be alone with Peter uninterrupted.