Chapter Eight

Lydia pressed the button of the elevator and rested her back against the wall.

Peter stood outside of the elevator door waiting for it to open when he caught a strange scent in his nose, it was the acute smell of fear. He knew that smell very well.

The moment the doors opened and he saw the look on her face he knew, “What happened?”

Lydia sighed.

She walked into Peter’s open embrace where she nuzzled her head into his chest for a few minutes.

Peter held her tight.

They walked into his apartment in silence until the door was shut securely behind them.

Lydia sat her purse and bag on the coffee table and collapsed on the couch, “Allison almost put an arrow through my head.”

“WHAT!!?” Peter was in shock.

“I took her out in the woods to try and calm her down, shooting arrows at something usually does that for her. After a few minutes she started to see something, she took off and she was just running around in a giant circle and all of a sudden she drew an arrow and shot it at my head. Thankfully Isaac was there and caught it before it entered my cornea.” She nervously laughed.

Peter knelt down at her side with his hand on her leg, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I think I will be. It just opened my eyes, you know? I knew when you were in my head that I was pretty crazy but now that I think back on it, it was a mellow torture compared to what I have seen so far of all three of them. At least I never tried to kill anyone…” She made an unsure half smile.

“Well, let me apologize for that again. In all honesty I was trying to be as delicate as possible in a situation like that however, you are extremely stubborn. Although…” His eyes fell to the hem of her skirt, “I can make it up to you if you want.”

“Peter Hale, are you trying to seduce me?” She leaned towards him a little.

“Yes, if you let me.” He bit his lip in a playfully nervous way.

She gave him an approving smile.

Instantly he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. He carried her happily into the bedroom and tossed her down onto the bed.

He fell on top of her and crawled up her shape kissing every inch as he went.

When his blue eyes finally met her green eyes, he could see it in her eyes that’s he was still bothered by everything that was going on, “I don’t think now is the best time. You are preoccupied and it is okay.” He fell to his side and pulled her against him, cuddling her close. “Why don’t we just lay here and you can sort out whatever is going on in that brilliant brain of yours?” He kissed her cheek.

“I’m sorry. I just can’t shake it.”

Peter lightly grabbed her chin pulling her gaze towards him, “Don’t you ever say you are sorry for anything around me. You should never be sorry.”

She dipped her head into his touch, “Okay. Thank you.” She planted a feather light kiss on his lips.

The couple got comfortable in each other’s embrace until Lydia fell asleep.