1.

Parker was your average town. Average people. Average shops. It wasn't big by any means. Unless you consider 250 people big. It was a lake centered town. The lake meant more than anything else in this town. It's the only source of entertainment really. Well maybe for everyone else but I know I always had my books.

They call me Kylie.

In this small town, I'm what you call. Average. I have only 1 friend who I really care about. Everyone else has their cliques. We have our popular crowd, geeks, freaks. I don't like anyone in the popular crowd really. I don't associate myself with them.

Except for Carly.

Carly and I have been friends since about birth. She found her way to popular town and I found my way to the library. She's the reason they don't really pick on me. At least to my face. I know they all probably have their inside jokes about me but I don't care.

I have Carly.

It's June 27th. The first day of summer for us. Half the town has already left for vacations to Cape Cod, New York or the Hamptons. It's a well known fact in Parker, over the summer there's only a population of about 60 or so people. The minute they get the chance people LOVE to leave this town. I was hoping all of Carly's friends would leave and Carly could stay in Parker so just me and her could hang out this summer. Sadly enough, they all got a last minute invitation to a huge party at the Coleman's mansion by the lake.

Courtesy of Raleigh Coleman. Little miss perfection.

Only 11 people got invited in the beginning but of course Carly felt obliged to get me in. Not like I plan on going. I plan to come down with a case of swine flu the night of and to just "stay at home and rest" for the night. Really I plan on staying home reading books and watching Disney movies and thinking about how boring and uninteresting my life is.

I sit down on the window seat in my room. I sit there and look around at the room. Our house was special in the sense that part of it was round on the corners and that's where my room is. My window seat is actually on the curve of the corner. I stare at the ceiling with it's peeling white paint. My eyes follow to the edges until they reach the faded pastel yellow walls. Dad said we get to paint it this summer. The hardwood is polished and pristine. Nothing like the walls at all. I turn and look out the window instead. The sun shines through and fills the rooms with streaming rays of light. I put my dark brown hair up into a messy bun and lie there. The birds tweet and chatter. The trees move gently. Parker seems to just be calm for a moment. I look down at the sidewalk. I see a group of guys by a tree. I look closer and I can only recognize one of them from this height. I see him perfectly clear.

Bailey.

I see him look up and wave at me. I gasp as I see his entire group of friends turn to see what he was indicating to. I roll off the window seat with a thud into the floor face first. I feel a bump forming on my forehead. I only hope they haven't seen me. Through the open window a few feet away I can hear outside.

Maybe they didn't see me.

"Wow was she like checking you out!"

I hear one of them say with a laugh.

Then again. Maybe they did.

I get up with a sigh and go downstairs. On the way I go to the medicine cabinet and grab 2 advils.

I have a monster headache.