Chapter 51

Nikki P.O.V
After that very awkward moment at IHOP. We dropped Anthony and Carol home and me and John are in the car going to our newly wedding planner. "That breakfast was not what I expected." I said awkwardly. "Yea...I'm sorry about what mom said she doesn't know her place." John said rubbing his thumb across my hand. "It's okay she has treated me worst anyway based off things she said when we first starting dating she was being bitter sweet." I said trying to act cool. "Yea..." John said I looked at him and notice a since of vunurable and disappointment in his eyes I never seen before. "John what's wrong?" I asked concerned. He causally shrugged. "Nothing." He said raising his voice 2 pitches higher. "John something defiantly is wrong what is it?" I said sternly and he sighed. "I'm just very disappointed in my mom..." He says not taking his eyes off the road. "John really it's okay-" "No it's not okay Nicole she disrespected you how is that okay you know you can step up to her." He says glancing at me once. "John this is your mom were talking about, I don't want to disrespect your mother." I said going to straight from slumpy. "Well disrespecting is all she does to you." He says letting go of my hand sounding annoyed. I looked at him weirdly. "Why are you getting mad at me for this." I said. "I'm not I'm just saying it's okay to stand up to her." He says frustrated. "Well doing that is only get to make it worse for us." I said not getting it. "I don't want things to get worst for us I want things to get better for us." He says. "Okay so saying to your mom that you are nothing but rude to me and disrespectful is going to make it better for us." I said turning to face him. "Okay I see your point." He says as I nodded. He sighed and grabbed my hand again. "I just don't want my mom to make this wedding difficult for us and I don't want my wife and my mother the two important women in my life to always have a bad connection." He says. "Yeah I know and you always been close to your mom and sometimes I just feel like I'm the reason you're not not close to her anymore because of me and I don't want to ruin." I said thinking while talking. I was right ever since I came into the picture John and Carol haven't been the same since then and it calculates to me. "Nicole listen to me." John pulls over to the road. "You are not the reason mom is just being a bitch right now, mom can tell me all the things about you but it just tells me that you are the love of my life because all the other girls I dated she liked maybe your just even more special." He says holding my face in both hands rubbing my cheeks softly with his thumbs. I melted in his touch staring in his eyes as his words echoed in my head. "No one ever is going to change that....I love you Nicole." He says staring deeply into my brown eyes as well. "I love you too." I said we leaned in and kissed each other at the same time slowly and gently. I pulled away biting my lip. "We should get going." I whispered staring into his blue eyes making me go into a trance. He pulled away and started the car back up and we drove to our appointment......
Will Carol actually break them up or will they stick together with know problem.....comment on what you think.....