Chapter Five

Jimin entered the room swiftly, careful not to distract Professor Kim from his game of solitaire. Luckily, Yoongi was seated right by the door, head in his jacket. Jimin took the seat behind him as he opened his notebook to a clean page and clicked his pen, tapping Yoongi on his shoulder to get his attention.

When Yoongi turned around he was greeted with a smiling Jimin, who waved at him kindly. Yoongi offered a small smile in return before adjusting himself in his seat. He turn around completely to be face to face with Jimin, as the younger boy scribbled in his notebook.

You look exhausted, detention giving you a hard time? :c

Yoongi turned around to make sure Professor Kim was still distracted before whispering a reply back to Jimin, "It's the same as usual. But what were you thinking, Jimin? Who in their right mind sneaks into detention?"

Jimin grinned before writing a response.

Someone who doesn't want their new friend to be half-tempted to shoot themselves in detention, haha c:

Yoongi had to admit, he was surprised that Jimin already considered him a friend. Yoongi had never dealt with a boy like this before and it sort of made him feel strange, but not in a bad way. Jimin was so sweet to anyone he met, sending his angelic smile left and right, he would even wave at people in the hallway who caught his gaze. Despite being a shy kid, Jimin was truly kind to strangers.

Yoongi felt the guilt building up again. He knew Jimin would get hurt if he continued to be so open and caring to everyone he met. He wanted to tell Jimin not to be so nice to everyone he met, that he should learn about the person before deciding how he should act towards them. However, what Yoongi didn't realize was that he should be warning Jimin about himself.

"You're an idiot for coming here," Yoongi spoke, making Jimin's smile falter a bit. But then Yoongi said something else that surprised even himself, "I'm glad you came here though."

Jimin's smile extended once again, making Yoongi's eyes soften at the sight. He liked it better when Jimin was smiling rather than when he was upset. Yoongi wasn't aware that he wasn't lying when he spoke that statement, he didn't understand that he was genuinely glad Jimin came. Jimin wrote a response.

You've been really nice to me since we met in detention, the other day. This was the least I could do :D

Yoongi could feel the guilt reaching its boiling point. He couldn't understand why he felt that way. However, he decided not to give it any attention before asking Jimin if he wanted to listen to music with him. Jimin nodded in agreement to the offer as Yoongi pulled out his earbuds, hoping it would distract him from the sick feeling he was witnessing.

--

"-if he thinks that he can get away with calling me out like that, then he's got another thing coming to him," Yoongi grumbled, irritated at his professor. Jimin walked silently beside him as they toured about the streets of the city, a smile plastered onto his face. He seemed to enjoy seeing Yoongi show his emotions like this. Since Professor Kim definitely doesn't like Yoongi, he would take any opportunity he can to take a jab at him. In this case, he called him out for listening to music in detention and "dragging a poor, innocent kid" into his mess. Luckily for Jimin, Professor Kim didn't even realize the boy wasn't supposed to be in the class, so there was no punishment in that regard.

Yoongi sighed, stuffing his hands in his pockets as Jimin held his notebook tight against his chest. The older of the duo looked over at the other. With his pink hair combed nicely, he wore an oversized black fuzzy hoodie with ripped light blue jeans. His ears were pierced, wearing silver stubs, and he had several rings on his fingers, "Say, Jimin?"