Peggy just wants to be noticed

Peggy was the youngest out of the three Schuyler sisters. She was always being overlooked and rarely given attention by the public which is odd considering she's a Schuyler sister.

You'd think every guy would be falling for her because she's a Schuyler but even with that not that many people fell for her. Except Lafayette of course.

A/N lol Idk why I wrote that intro but I did and I don't want to erase it
~

The year was 1780 and with the Winter's Ball taking place the Schuyler sisters were the envy of all.

Angelica Schuyler, the oldest sister, was dazzling the room as always. She's always been the gossip in New York City, always getting attention from everyone around her. Peggy envied that about her sister, don't get her wrong she loved Angelica more than anything but for once she'd like to be noticed by a charming guy.

"I don't get it Eliza! I'm a Schuyler sister too! I just want a handso- no. I just want a DECENT guy to notice me" the youngest sister complained to Eliza

"Oh darling, I'm sure there are tons of gentlemen out there that love you. You'll find him sooner or later! I haven't found mines either yet-"

The blue dressed sister got interrupted by Angelica tapping on her shoulder. When she turned around she was helpless. There stood Alexander Hamilton, the man she had fallen in love with.

"E-Elizabeth Schuyler, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

"Schuyler?"

"My sister"

Peggy sighed knowing her sister just found her man and got up from her seat to go get a drink.

With her head down, she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings which caused her to bump into someone.

"Oh! Sorry madame!" The taller Frenchman said stepping back a bit

"No no it's okay it's my fault.."

"Hey aren't you one of the Schuyler sisters? I'm so sorry ma'am" the taller male said before bowing

He'd be the first to recognize her the entire night.

"Yes, I'm Peggy Schuyler and you are..?"

"Marquis de Lafayette. Lafayette is fine"

Afterwards they didn't say much, they just stared into each others eyes until Lafayette broke the silence

"Oh um I haven't seen you around here.. shouldn't you be dancing with the other men? You know 'dazzling the room'"

"Me? Dazzling the room? I wish! Nobody is interested in dancing with the youngest, shortest, Schuyler"

"If it makes you feel any better you're probably an inch taller than mon ami Hamilton"

That made Peggy giggle. She figured out she indeed was taller by one inch. And so was her sister Eliza.

For a while they just spent the time talking and laughing together. They learned so much about each other in just an hour or so. For once Peggy knew what it felt to be noticed, even if it was just by one person. Not to mention he was more than just a decent guy, he was handsome and very charming.

"H-hey voulez-vous danser..?"

"Pardon me?"

"Oh sorry Peggy I meant would you like to dance?"

The yellow dresses sister was hoping he'd say that since the first time she laid eyes on him

"Of course!" Peggy smiled before dragging the tall Frenchman onto the dance floor where they spun and danced for what seemed like hours

Lafayette didn't have much experience with dancing so that was the reason he was nervous of asking Peggy to dance. He was doing fine until he tripped in front of the Schuyler sister.

All Peggy could do was laugh
"Let's take a break you baguette"

Lafayette laughed at the nickname and got up

"Laf! I've been looking for you. We have to go now Herc is already outside with John- oh Ms. Schuyler hello I'm sorry I have to take him away from you" Alexander burst in.

"What a shame... well it was a pleasure meeting you Peggy. Hopefully we will see each other again later" and with that he kissed her forehead "Au Revoir!"
And so he walked away leaving a slightly shocked Peggy on the dance floor.

She walked over to her sisters and whispered to Eliza

"I found my guy"

"Me too"

"For once I felt noticed... oh I can't wait to see him again"

lil bonus things ⤵️

"I found my guy"

"Me too"

"Because of me you found your guy"

"Pardon me, Angelica?"

"Nothing"

~~~~

"Laf?"

"Yes mon ami?"

"Why is she taller than me?"

"Which one Eliza or Peggy"

"....who isn't taller than me by this point."