professional painters

-a lil bit of Hamliza? Idk. I ship it, they really loved each other-

Alexander and Eliza had just gotten married and bought their first home together. The happy married couple loved the house except for one room. The baby's room. One reason Alex had proposed to Eliza was because she was pregnant with his son, not only that but Alexander would've married her anyways as they couple were both helpless for each other.

In honesty, Eliza didn't mind the room, she didn't mind the soft green walls or the dark green curtains. Alex on the other hand didn't like it at all. For the few months they had lived together Alex would complain about the room until finally Eliza told him they'll get it repainted. Neither of them knew how to do so but Eliza's sister, Peggy, sure knew a think or two about painting.

Apparently Alex had the same idea of calling a friend to come and help without telling Eliza. He called one of his best friends, Lafayette, to come over and repaint the room. He mainly chose him because he was very tall as to where Alex was barely 5'7 and couldn't reach that high.

The next day both the Schuyler and Lafayette arrived at the couples home.

"Mon ami! Peggy what are you doing here?"

"I came to repaint a room that my sister said Alex didn't like. What about you?" The short female said pressing the doorbell

"I came to do the exact thing"

As Laf finished his sentence Eliza opened the door and greeted her sister in a hug. It wasn't hard to miss the tall Frenchman beside her as well

"Oh! Lafayette what brings you here? Alexander is in the bedroom working on something. I could fetch him for you"

"Um Eliza, Alexander called me to paint a room in the house"

"He never told me so I called my sister to do it. My apologies."

"Hey sis what if he can stay and help. I mean he's like what 6'1 And I'm over here at 5'5, he could help out"

Normally Peggy would work alone whenever someone needed her to paint a room which wasn't often, but when she did it'd be boring and often wished she had some sort of company.

"That's only if Laf wants to though" Eliza said

"Of course!"

After Eliza showed them the room and explained that it was going to be for Philip, the two got straight to work.. kinda. First Peggy laid out sheets on the floor so it wouldn't get ruined. Next Laf put on some music on his phone.

"So I was thinking yellow. I mean it's Eliza's son I'm sure he'll be a ray of sunshine!" Peggy said as she picked up some overalls from her bag. Before Lafayette could say anything, she spoke again.

"Wait here I'll be right back" she stepped into the bathroom and put on the overalls that already had previous colorful paint marks on them. "How about you Laf?"

"How about what?"

"Well two things, did you bring extra clothes and do you agree with me on the color"

"First of all, no i didn't bring more clothes. Second of all, you're forgetting that this is mon ami Alexander's son as well. I was thinking maybe a tan?" Lafayette said as he grabbed a bucket of paint "or should we just ask them what color?"

"It's Alex and Eliza, they're going to want completely different colors like us at the moment. Look let's just go with yellow." The Schuyler was now opening the paint bucket while Laf kept telling her that it was too bright. Suddenly he felt something splatter on his face. Yellow paint.

Peggy flicked her paint brush dipped in paint at Laf while he was talking. For some reason this was the funniest thing to her. Now it wasn't about painting the room, it was about revenge.

Lafayette dipped his paint brush in tan paint and flicked it towards the short painter laughing on the floor.
"Hey! Oh now you're on!" She dipped her brush with more paint than before and brushed it across his face. The Frenchman took advantage of her being so close and brushed his brush across her cheek.

The two kept painting each other from their arms, to their neck, to their faces. Peggy was the one that had the most paint on her and she wanted to get even with Laf. Somehow, she managed to knock him down, but so did Laf. He grabbed her by her arm and pulled her down with him as well.

She landed on his chest and then realization hit them. They suddenly noticed they used most of the paint on themselves rather than the room. There was silence for a moment. And then they both burst into laughter. It's pretty safe to say that they were laughing at each other and how ridicules they looked.

After their fit of laughter died down Peggy grabbed her brush once more and brushed some across his nose. "Boop" she said with a small giggle.

With her eyes closed due to her giggling she couldn't see it, but she felt Lafayette kiss her nose with a "boop" following afterwards. Lafayette was left smiling while Peggy was left blushing until they got interrupted by Eliza

"Just kiss her!" Spoke Eliza peeking through the door

"Shh! Eliza!" Alex interrupted

"Oh my! Did I say that aloud? I'm sorry"

The pair that were still on the floor started giggling once more and then it stopped. Laf leaned in and gave her a soft, short kiss on the lips before pulling her off.

"How about we actually get to work now mon cher" the tall male said as he stood up and glanced at the Schuyler. Before she could say anything though, Alex spoke up

"That means 'My Dear!'"

"Alex! Come on leave them alone"

"Fine"

~~~~3 hours later~~~~~~
"Yo! Alex! We're done!" Peggy yelled down the hall

When both Alex and Eliza arrived at their future son's room they were in love with it. It was a light tan, almost yellow but not quite. The bottom of the walls had small splatters of yellow and tan paint.

"Well what do you think?" Laf said as he came stood next to Peggy.

"I love it!" Alex exclaimed.

If the couple had Alex's approval they knew they did good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: eYYYYY I JUST FINISHED THIS AT 4AM.